Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
30 & 31 Jan 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report – We saw some great weather this past weekend and I hope everyone made it out to the lake for awhile. I was joined Sunday by Cooper, Mike and Grandpa for a little mid winter fishing. We started out in Mudd Creek where we found water temperatures starting at 44 and climbed to 48.5 by lunch time. Around noon we pulled out and drove down to Goose Pond picking up lunch on the way. The day belonged to the boys whom managed to catch several nice bass and crappie, all on rattle traps. Monday morning I was joined by Wayne, who was in town for his first visit to the mighty G’ville wanting to learn the lake for an upcoming tournament. We spent most of time traveling the lake showing him were to run and not to run. We did manage to wet a line with couple of misses and no results on traps. Shortly afternoon Wayne departed and being Jake, I returned to the lake for a little exploring myself. I visited some of my old haunts between BB Comer and Goose Pond, where I ended the day with a total of three hits and two nice bass in the 2 to 3 pound range working a brush hog over road beds and old creek channels. We observed schools shad in the back waters on Monday, but nothing seemed to be chasing them. Overall, it seems that the fish are still hung up in a winter pattern and you really need to slow your presentation down. I talked to the guys from the Tim’s Ford Bass Club and learned that it took only 9 pounds to win and 3 pounds to get a check during their tournament on Guntersville Sunday. Very soon now the bigger fish should start moving up and feeding for the spawn. I have days available for February and I’m already booking days for the March and April, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
One of the guides from Birmingham took a client and ended up with a stringer of five that weighed 34 pounds biggest was 10.2 followed by a 9+ thats a great day fishing on Guntersville. Big Worms and Jigs tiped with claws. Fishing the creeks and main lake flats.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Those are some great pictures of some awesome catches. Thanks for the report and pics.

·
Registered
271 Posts
joe waller said:
One of the guides from Birmingham took a client and ended up with a stringer of five that weighed 34 pounds biggest was 10.2 followed by a 9+ thats a great day fishing on Guntersville. Big Worms and Jigs tiped with claws. Fishing the creeks and main lake flats.

Joe, I need to see pictures to believe that one. Not saying it could not happen, but everybody I've talked to are saying its tough and the best anyone has heard of and saw pictures of is 5 fish for 19-23 pounds and one of those fish was a 8 pound fish

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, I stand corrected, had you said it was Reed I may have not doubted it so much...he did it on Saturday and had the good bites. I wondered why no one esle had heard of this....wish he would have put them on a scale....Thanks Joe.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Your Welcome, See you on the lake.

·
Registered
271 Posts
6 Feb 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report – Another day of great weather today and I hope everyone made it out to the lake for awhile, before the game. I was joined by two gent’s, in town for an upcoming tournament. We fished mid to lower portion of the lake where we found water temperatures starting at 42 and climbed to 46.5 by end of the day. We manage to find some nice fish working traps and jerk baits slow in 4 to 7 FOW. I have days available for February and I’m already booking days for the March and April, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
16 Feb 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report –Several days of great weather and warm temperatures haves and brought the water temperatures up. This morning we start with 48.5 and ended the day with 51.5 degrees. We fished the mid lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, jig and swim baits. The pattern if that is what you call it is still a slow presentation of the lure. We managed to find some nice fish working traps and jerk baits slow in 2 to 5 FOW. We should start moving towards an exceptional spring bite any day now. With forecasted temps near 70 and sunshine for the most part, the water should hold around 49-50 overnight and improve from there. Fish will start feeding more aggressively in preparation of the spawn. Please use caution when fishing early spring the while the air temp’s may reach 65-70 the water is still in the 48-55 range and can be deadly for the angler who falls in the water and don’t forget sunscreen. I have days available for February, Late March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
18 Feb 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report –I was joined today by two great fellows from West Tennessee and Arkansas. After several days of great weather and warm temperatures finally the water temperatures are coming up. This morning we started with 49.5 and ended the day with 55.8 degrees. We fished the mid lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, jigs and swim baits. We had a tough time finding a rattle bait bite and switched swim baits on the main river channel to find some fish. We managed to find working swim baits slow in 2 to 6 FOW. All in all it was a good day with good numbers of fish being boated, (20 plus) most went 2-3.5 pound range and by far the best day this past week. It appears that we are starting to move towards an exceptional spring bite, if the current weather holds. With forecasted temps near 65 and sunshine for the most part, the water temp’s should improve over the coming days. I have a couple of days available for February, Late March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
19 Feb 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report –I was joined today by Brent from Birmingham, AL. This morning we started with 49.5 and ended the day with 56.1 degrees. We fished the lower end, using rattle traps, jerk baits, jigs, swim’ in senkos and swim baits. We managed to find some good fish working swim baits and swim’ in senkos in 1 to 4 FOW. All in all it was a good day, our best was between 4-4.5 pounds which came from the Alreds area and most were in the 2-3 pound range. Watch for them shallow, they seem to be cursing a little more these days, moving up in short burst, feeding on what they can find and than returning back to little deeper water. With forecasted temps near 65 and sunshine for the most part, the water temp’s should improve over the coming days. Please folks, on any given weekend you can expect to see several hundred boats from now till next November, treat people like you would expect to be treated and watch where you run. I noticed several boats yesterday and today that I still wonder how they ever made it across a flat or section of water without hitting a rock pile or stump, I guess its just plain luck they did not. I have a couple of days available for February, Late March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
24 Feb 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report –I was joined today by Bill and Dave from Portage, Indiana. This morning we started with 57.5 and ended the day with 59.1 degrees. We fished the middle portion of the lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, jigs, swim’ in senkos and swim baits. We managed to find some good fish working rattle traps swim baits and swim’ in senkos in 1 to 7 FOW. In all the guys boated 17-20 fish including one extremely heavy female tipping the scales (2 different scalles) at 10 pounds it was a great spring day. There are some god fish shallow, they seem to be cursing a little more these days, moving up in short burst, feeding on what they can find and than returning back to little deeper water. How ever our best fish came from 3-5 FOW. With forecasted temps near 60 and sunshine for the most part, the water temp’s should hold over the week. Please folks, on any given weekend you can expect to see several hundred boats from now till next November, treat people like you would expect to be treated and watch where you run. Today we witnessed what could have been a very bad situation, we idling out a small channel passing another boat, when some over zealous fisherman run on full pad between our boats basically threading a needle. There is NO reason in this world for operating a boat in that fashion (I could have reached out and touched his boat). I know the three elderly folks in the other boat did not care for it either, they got wet. I have a few of days available for March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
25 Feb 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report –I was joined today by Bill (Cast4Bass) and his son (Sam) from Chattanooga, TN. This morning we started with 58.6 and ended the day with 61.4 degrees. We fished the middle portion of the lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, Tightline Jigs jigs, swim’ in senkos and swim baits. We managed to find some good fish working jerk baits, swim baits and swim’ in senkos in 1 to 7 FOW. We caught fish up until the cold front moved through than it was 3-3.5 hours of short strikes and a fish or two. The fish started hitting a again this evening around 3pm. In all the guys boated 21 fish with the biggest being around it was a good spring day. There are some good fish shallow, they seem to be cursing a little more these days, moving up in short burst, feeding on what they can find and than returning back to little deeper water. Our best fish today came from less than 2 FOW. With forecasted temps near 60 and sunshine for the most part, the water temp’s should hold over the week. Again, Please folks, on any given weekend you can expect to see several hundred boats from now till next November, treat people like you would expect to be treated and watch where you run. I have a few of days available for March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Thanks for sharing a great report MSBG Jake. It looks like the anglers for the last two days had a super time. Those are some great catches too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
27 Feb 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report - Today, I was joined by Mr. Greg Howell from Cookeville, TN. This morning we started with a water temperature of 58.6 and ended the day with 58.8 degrees. Air temperatures where 54 and by 3:30 this afternoon it was 74, Mostly cloudy all day. We fished the middle portion of the lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, Tightline Jigs, swim’ in senkos and swim baits. We managed to find some good fish working 1/2oz Tightline Jigs in the Guntersville Special color with GrandeBass Mega Craws as the trailer, swim baits and rattle traps in 3 to 10 FOW. We caught fish throughout the day with slow periods here and there. In all Greg boated 15 fish with the biggest being around 6.5 pounds and I added another 11 to the mix, most fish where in the 2-3 pound range, we had four fish between 4-5 pounds, it was a great day on the water with another returning client. There are some good fish shallow, they seem to be cursing a little more these days, moving up in short burst, feeding on what they can find and than returning back to little deeper water. Our best fish today came from on a jig in 10 FOW. With forecasted temps of 60 to 65 and sunshine for the most part after tomorrow, the water temp’s should increase over the week. I have a few of days available for March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
2 Mar 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report - Today, I was joined by Cliff from Huntsville, AL for day 1 of a 3 day outing. This morning we started with a water temperature of 56.6 and ended the day with 61.6 degrees. Air temperatures where 34 and by 3:30 this afternoon it was 70, Mostly sunny all day. We fished the middle portion of the lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, Tightline Jigs, swim’ in senkos and swim baits. We managed to find some good fish working 1/2oz Tightline Jigs in the Guntersville Special color with Mega Craws as the trailer, swim baits and rattle traps in 3 to 10 FOW. We caught fish throughout the day with slow periods here and there. There are some good fish shallow, they seem looking for a bedding site, most are 1-2 pound bucks. Our best fish today came from on a jerk bait in 5-6 FOW. With forecasted temps of 64 to 68 and sunshine, the water temp’s should increase over the week. I have a few of days available for March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
3 Mar 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report - Today, I was joined by Cliff from Huntsville, AL for day 2 of a 2 day outing. This morning we started with a water temperature of 55.6 and ended the day with 56.8 degrees. Air temperatures where 43 and by 12:30 this afternoon it was 66, Mostly sunny all day. We fished the middle portion of the lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, Tightline Jigs, swim’ in senko’s and swim baits. We managed to find some good fish working 1/2oz Tightline Jigs in the Guntersville Special color with Mega Craws as the trailer, swim baits and jerk baits in 3 to 12 FOW. We caught fish throughout the morning on almost every stop. Sorry to say I had to end the day early, big motor lost power. We put the boat and the trail and I headed for my marine dealer. After a complete check, found I had put some bad gas in and needed new plugs and fuel filters. I have to put a good word in here for the “BEST” service I’ve ever had, I called Tony the new manager at Gilliam’s Marine, in Tullahoma TN. and he said just get her here Jake and we’ll get you back on the water. Well, that’s exactly what they did, I pulled in they went to work on her completing a 100% compression check on all cylinders, scoped all cylinders, Fuel/Air system check, tested the gas/oil, and computer read out, all in a hour flat as I stood there like an expecting father. A short test run on a local lake and the Gray Ghost runs like new. Thanks again to the gang at Gilliam’s Marine, check them out via the link on my website. Sorry no pictures this reports, some where in my hurries I lost my camera, however here is some screen shot from my Lowrance HDS of what we fished. I have a few of days available for March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
5 Mar 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report - Today, I was joined by Rodney and Bob from Iowa. This morning we started with a water temperature of 54.6 and ended the day with 55.8 degrees. Mostly cloudy all day and heavy rain. We fished the middle portion of the lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, Tightline Jigs and swim baits. We managed to find several good fish working 1/2oz Tightline Jigs in the Guntersville Special color with Mega Craws as the trailer, swim baits and swim baits in 3 to 12 FOW. We caught fish throughout the day on almost every stop. Our best fish was just over 6.5 and our best five would have been in the 23-24 pound range. Sorry, not too many pictures today, I did not want to destroy a new camera. I have a few of days available for March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
6 Mar 2011 - Lake Guntersville Fishing Report - Today, I enjoyed the company of Mr. Curt Sack from Illinois, returning client from last fall. This morning we started with a water temperature of 52.6 and ended the day with 52.2 degrees. Mostly cloudy all day with strong winds from the North and falling air temps. (Winter returned for a day high was 38) We fished the middle portion of the lake, using rattle traps, jerk baits, Brush Hogs, Tightline Jigs and swim baits. We managed to catch 22 good fish and several short slicks working 1/2oz Tightline Jigs in the Guntersville Special color with Mega Craws as the trailer, and Brush Hogs worked slowly in 3 to 12 FOW. We caught fish throughout the day at every stop. Our best fish was just over 4.5 and our best five would have been in the 17-19 pound range. I have a few of days available for March and I’m already booking days for the April and May, make your reservations now for some great action on Guntersville. “Let’s go fish’ in”

Attachments

161 - 180 of 202 Posts