Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent fished guntersville in about a month and i have a tournament there in 3 weeks can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fished guntersville lake thursday practicing for an tournament sept 28-29 caught 18 fish best 5 around 18-19 pounds had probably 30 blowups on frogs and buzzbaits fished scattered grass and threw frogs and the few mats that were still around. Friday caught two fish on a buzzbait went to move places and mercury decided it didnt want to be together anymore, so that ended the weekend.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Re: Guntersville Lake

As a matter of fact, I have an extremely nice Nitro with a BEAUTIFULLY running motor :) I hope you like going fast my freind :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well as of today i have the last mercury that will EVER be in my yard.. :cussin:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts

so where u fishing at guntersville?? I know a good spot if you wanna know... :)

we scratched along with 60 other people last weekend...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

They let me weigh my fish early friday and i had 9-14 so atleast i had something, so where's your spot ranger?

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts

go north under the Guntersville bridge. turn right in the next cove.. Go all the way to the back on the right past the marina. Its shallow but lots of grass.. Fish the grass with a frog.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

i will give it a try fishing a tournament in 2 weeks over there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guntersville Lake fishing report 11/11 and 12th

Fished the upper end of the river with not alot of action going on. Sunday caught 3 fish biggest around 3.5 lbs in scattered grass with a 1/2 oz Royal Shad super spot.

Monday, same location not the same results. No current and PLENTY of shad to go around. The fish in this creek I was fishing are getting ready for cold weather. I have never seen so much bait swimming around, wish I had a cast net :wack: cause that was the only thing they would hit.

I took a fluke and threw it in the shad balls with no takers, along with a spoon and a lil george. Spinnerbaits and Jerkbait never drew a strike, although I got a pretty fat white bass around 1.5-2lb on the jerkbait.

Water temps both days where in the 57-60deg range. Water was stained as always in this creek and the main cover was Hydrilla.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Guntersville Lake fishing report 11/11 and 12th

I talked to a friend of mine that fished down river and they said that the fishing was tough there also. I guess with no current they were shut down and with all that shad around, they didn't have to go far for a quick meal. :skunked:

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts

Seems this weekend was tough all over. I think Keith got the :skunked: I also got the :skunked: along with 2 other teams in a tournament this past Saturday. Out of 5 team, 3 got the dreaded :skunked:

( Keith wasnt in our tournament, I know it may of sounded that way, so I had to correct that part )

·
Registered
63 Posts

It was tough, It was the first time I had been on the water in a long time also.... :wack:

·
Registered
410 Posts

178bee, I was there that week-end! :dance01:

first time I fished the frog and the grass, I am still a newbie of sorts :grin:

the grass was unreal, I only thought we had grass on Seminole!

and I know just where you are talking about, supposed to go back next year around the same time

Cool :dance01:

Matilda

·
Registered
7 Posts
:redratltrap: Went last sun. and caught several fish still shallow around isolated bushes. I caught a 4lb and 5lb fish still guarding fry. It rained for about 30 min. and I wacked em on a Ribbit. But when it quit raining, no more ribbit bite. I went back Thursday afternoon and the shallow fish were gone. They may have still been there and the thunderstorm that just came through before I got there may have shut them completely off. Not many people caught fish that night. Its hard to believe its almost the end of May and the water temp is still around 70-74 degrees. :redratltrap:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Cedar Creek

it is hard to believe, i havent fished up there since last year but i was catching them on a spinnerbait in the timber and shallower in the morning i may go up ther in a couple weeks not for sure tho? what about little bear have you fished there latlely? oh yea hey from hackleburg

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
guntersville

i have a national youth tourney coming up in july on guntersville. i am from virginia so i know nothing about the lake. any tips from you locals would be greatly appreciated. hope to hear back from you all. thanks!!!!! :tw: :bassmaster:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: guntersville

In july, I like to start out on the flats with a noisy topwater chugger style lure early. When the sun gets up I got a 10'' zoom ole monster worm in redbug or bama bug and swim it off the grass edges. I use a 1/4 weight and a 5/0 hook with the worm. The will also be big bags caught flipping a 1oz. jig and beaver in the matted grass. The midlake are from North sauty to mill creek seems to do the best for me at this time of year

1 - 20 of 202 Posts