Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our club went to Gentry Saturday, near St. Cloud, FL. This lake actually still has some water depth compared to most around here lately. We went into the North canal coming from Alligator Lake because my partner Ray was there Friday and found some fish with tons of bait fish. I started with a Pop-R clear/white w/white & red feather tail and had a 2 1/4 pounder hammer it within the first 10-15 minutes. Kept throwing that for a while longer but nothing Ray picked up several shorts on a senko and one small keeper. As I watched the minnows in there I decide to match the bait and dug out a small smoke/purple tube bait rigged it w/ a 1/8 oz. tru-tungsten in junebug. I kept seeing the minnows come up in the middle of the canal so I would throw this right on top of them and let it drop down thru and bang the bass would hammmer it. It took me most of the day but I got my limit this way. Ray managed one more keeper with his senko, plus he had a bunch of short fish, and missed several good bites. We also went down and hit the South canal that goes to Cypress, didn't get anything in there but the minnows were there and we could see some big fish stacked up in the middle of the canal, cranked and tried some other stuff couldn't draw a strike so we went back North again. We tried the topwater again when went back North because all the action from the minnows and Ray got one 11 3/4". Also earlier around 12:00 I had spotted a patch of grass near the edge I saw it move and a wake came from it so I tossed the tube in on it, shook it down thru, then my line jumped twice and took off, I cranked up as much slack as I could, set the hook but really didn't get it good enough as it swam towards us :wack:, fought for about ten seconds and she pulled off. It was definitely the bite I needed, probably 4-6 pounder, the hook never came unskinned :cussin:. Anyway finished sixth outta 22-23 guys no check! The winning bag was 11+ lbs. second was 8+ and big fish was 5+.

·
Registered
65 Posts
way to go beak. where did you get those tubes? I'll give you a call tonight and we'll talk about our tourney's.

bassass

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chuck, you know they are the ones you sent me!!! How'd you do at Potomac??? Let's see the report. Thanks Keith on the topwater tip, it helped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts