Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you ever had the chance to fish Lake Caspe or the Rio Ebro River in Spain. Spain did not have any bass until the US Air Force filled a tanker with Bass Fry and Drooped them into the Lake some time back in the late 60's. I heard about it in the early 70's while stationed in Germany. Being I was a serious bass fisherman I called the Air Base Rod and Gun Club in Zaragosa obtained information and made plans for a trip. I had a ball catching on an average of 150 bass per day 1 to 3 pounds. During my tour I managed two more trips to Caspe I helped them get boats and motors for their Rod and Gun Club. I set up a tour and took a bus load of US service men and women to Caspe and camped out on the lake for a week what a time we had. The Spaniards now have Bass Clubs all over the area and are enjoying the only country in Europe with Bass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fished it in 1987 while stationed in Germany. Took hop there then borrowed Ford truck from MWR Equipment Center and drove down. Best lake ever for quantity of Bass. never caught any huge ones but 100-150 a day was the norm for the week we were there. Lots of San Miguel Beer and olives!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow this brings back fond memories. We would go tdy from Spangdalam in Germany to ZZA. I was stationed in Spangquenten from 85 to 88. I was lucky enough to go fishing two times at Caspe. Back then it was remote and we were the only ones on the lake. Lots of bass and lots of giant waves when the wind blew remote camping and lots of beer and local brandy. Remember the old bass sign leading into Caspe?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts