Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My step daughter had told me the BPS up in Mass had opened. So, we had plans to go there this coming Monday.

So, im on BPS site looking for directions to this store. It says its ' coming soon ' So I call BPS ( some 800 number ) and I ask if this store is opened yet? The lady says no it isnt , wont be until around Nov.15,2007 .

So, I call my step daughter up and let her know about it. She was very sorry for giving me the wrong info, but thats what she had heard.

She says there is a ' dick's sporting store about 20 - 30 miles away and she would take me there on Monday.

Probably my luck that will be closed on Monday as it is some sort of Holiday up here then ( Patriot's Day )

Reckon I will continue to do my imitation of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and keep clicking my heels together and saying ' theres no place like home '

6 more days till I leave ( Friday afternoon )

T

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the BPS up there. Hang in there. Try to enjoy yourself.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I could spend all day at BPS. If the weather is really bad tomorrow I may be going. Anybody need anything??? :fishing01: :redratltrap:

T

·
0 Posts
Bass Kisser said:
I could spend all day at BPS. If the weather is really bad tomorrow I may be going. Anybody need anything??? :fishing01: :redratltrap:

If your just giving stuff away then I need everything!! LOL :rofl1:

If not then no I personally don't need anything. I have the baitmonkey caged up right now.

K

·
0 Posts
Sorry man, and oh yeah Dick's Sporting Good is a lousy BPS subtitute :lmao: Trust me. It is all I have near me also.

·
Registered
635 Posts
KeithsCatch said:
Sorry man, and oh yeah Dick's Sporting Good is a lousy BPS subtitute :lmao: Trust me. It is all I have near me also.
Dat beez troo. BPS is about an hour and a half one way from me. I don't go there much. Plus I always spend about 500 bucks. Cabela's is supposed to be opening a store less than 30 miles from my front door, though. :baitmonkey: is gonna have a party. :redratltrap: :wigglewart :pop-r: :zara: :shadrap_ft: :rapmin: :wigglewart2: :jitterbug:

·
Registered
83 Posts
We just got a Dick's here about a week ago. It's about a step up from Wally World but no comparison to BPS. Where in Mass are you headed? I used to live there 30 years ago.

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im in New Bedford ( towards the Cape ). The Dick's we will be going to is in SeaKonc<sp>

Im sure I will find something to buy there but not even worried if she desides not to go.

Maybe wait till Sunday when im home etc.. and go to my local BPS or at least Clermont Bait & Tackle. Ok, im having :baitmonkey: withdrawls :lmao:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was further inland, Charlton which is just south of Worcester. There were lots of places to fish up there. Only problem was the season didn't open until April 15th if I remember right. I used to have to cast across the ice to get to open water on opening day.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I feel your pain!! The BPS in North Little Rock got held up due to some concerns about it's impact on a wetlands area, commonly refered to by those who live near there as a "stinky ole swamp". They finally got the go ahead but it took over two years of lawsuits to get it done. I guess it will be another two years or so until it becomes reality! :redratltrap: :wigglewart :pop-r: :zara: :shadrap_ft: :rapmin: :wigglewart2: :jitterbug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts