Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Dennis' new house yesterday for his oldest son's birthday party. Thery have 12 acres with a 30 yard by 20 yard about 30 foot deep lil ' ditch ' on there place. This ' ditch ' is stocked with channel cats, blue gil and a few ' specks ' or as most of yall call crappies.

Bait of choice ( ok, not of choice,but what we had ) breaded Chicken Nuggets.

Most of the kids wanting to fish was in the 6 - 8 year old range. So, Don and myself would hook the fish then hand the rods to the kids to reel in. They was having the time of their lives!!
I was telling one of the kids he wasnt holding his mouth right. He had to smile. Now, this boy is shy around people BUT he after I told him that he had the biggest smile you'd ever seen.
Biggest catfish caught yesterday was maybe 1 1/2 pounds. a few bluegil was caught. No specks was caught.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Thats excellent Rodney! It's always heart warming to hear about adults getting kids involved in fishing and then helping them out like that. :thumbup01:

·
Banned
539 Posts
Yep, that was a favorite saying by many I respected a whole lot while growing up, it brought back some real good memories thanks :clap: :thumbup01: :dance01: :clap:

Those kids will remember this experience - neat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts