Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to go wayyyyyyy back in time for this one. This contest is for a bag of the ******* Baits, Inc. "Flutter Frogs", or "Dip-Stiks).

In 1967 Ray Scott scoured the country side to fill the 100 boat field for his inaugural tournament. What was "Billy Dance" doing for a living when he got the call from Ray Scott to come fish his tournament in 1967?

The first 3 correct answers I get by way of PM wins the prize! Good luck from ******* Baits, Inc.!

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Where did everyone go? No more trying? OK. Bag o frogs would be nice. Answer sent. Jim

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Congratulations to all the winners! :D :clap:

G

·
What no answer? I still do not know what the answer to the question is haha. I told you guys I stink at this BASS trivia. I couldn't even find a biography on Bill on Google. I did read some where that he was a manufacturer rep I think?

Anyway, congrats to those who have way more time on their hands then they should to know such things :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: just teasing. Congrats guys.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Billy Dance", as he is called by Ray Scott, was working as a furniture salesman in Memphis, TN.... 1967. The answer was in this months issue of BASS Times.

Winners, please PM me with your shipping addresses. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
:clap: :cheers: :clap:

G

·
Thank you for the answer and for your generosity. No wonder I never know these things as I never read those magazines anymore :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
KeithsCatch said:
Thank you for the answer and for your generosity. No wonder I never know these things as I never read those magazines anymore :)
Honestly, I thought it would be easy to find. I'll try a little harder to make it easier next time. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I just tried to find it online and had more than normal troubles finding it. The only reason I knew the answer is I was mad for years over the whole Classic thing. Nobody I knew had a clue what happened, how those anglers got a chance like that. Imagine, a furniture salesman. I was darn good at bassin by then but had no way to be known outside the local scene. We were all poor but caught fish. It looked like one of those "It's WHO you know, not WHAT you know." things. It looked that way for many years, so I chose to ignore the BASS scene. That year I joined the Navy telling them I could swim and catch all sorts of fish, and had some college semesters, but that didn't impress them much. I married that year, too. I ended up stationed in California (Pt Mugu) and saltwater fishing and trapping lobster, plus fly casting in the creeks & rivers around Camarillo.

Jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts