Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our annual John Daly "Big" Golf Tournament for Big Brothers and Big Sisters here in Russellville is over and after all the planning, hard work, and Pepcid--It was a great success!! Last year after expenses we raised $15,000 and it looks like this year it will be above $21,000. I can't say enough about my Board, they did a fantastic job. However, the weather really was horrible Saturday with clouds and a wind chill in the 30's during the mid-day hours. I had to sit for 4 hours in an open golf cart, on a hill, in the wind and watch the 17th hole. The first person who hit a hole and one on that hole would have won a Segway and it had to be witnessed. I was one frozen dude when the last team came through :rofl1: No one got a hole in one but the good news is that the doctor says the feeling will return to my toes by August! Now I can concentrate on a new grandson(due to arrive this week) and FISHING :dance01: :dance01: I would like to encourage all you Bassholes to consider being a "Big". There are lots of kids out there that would benifit greatly. Just give it a thought, and if it seems right for you, check it out.

·
Registered
801 Posts
WooHoo! I'm glad it's over to! I know you were working your tail end off! But it all came together nicely. You should be very proud!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Keith and Mary. The thing that I was impressed with was the work my Board did. Plus, I was able to stay awake in church Sunday :rofl1: :rofl1: But once I got home--all systems shut down and I crashed in my recliner and didn't even move except to eat!(and eat and eat :lmao: :lmao:)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Was John Daly there? Boy can he hit it a mile! I tried to swing like him once and hurt myself so I just swing normal now! :neener: Great job on that fundraiser!

David

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John wasn't there. He was playing in a tournament, and made the cut(I'm glad- he needs some good tournaments). However, his brother Jamie was there and did the cooking for us. The food was great and Jamie is an ace for all the work he did. Big thumbs up for him :thumbup01: :thumbup01:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts