Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the buzzbaits that I like to make and use. The best part of these baits is the treble hook that is hidden in the skirt.
I attach the hook with a swivel,rather than directly to the wire. This lets the hook spin after a fish is hooked up, resulting in a lot less fish shaking off.

I did not paint the bodies on these 3, just to show that they are 1/2 ounce bullet sinkers, not the expensive body weights. I either dip them in jig paint or use Top Brass sinkers.

Hope you like them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I've fished in line spinners like this. They worked well and the blades brought them up top pretty quick. Im not sure how heavy the body of the ones i fished was but they were pretty heavy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to make these baits with plastic 4 blade props. They return to the surface very quickly. I will use 3/8 to 1/2 ounce bodies, and have no problems getting the bait to the surface. These baits have a smaller profile, and seem to give the bass a much easier target to hit.

Thanks for the questions.

:fishing01:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anything with a treble hook won't be weedless, but it does alright around weeds. I will gladly trade some weeds for the improved hook up percentage.
Thanks for the question.

:thumbup01:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.