Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

If you ran the Classic, is there anything you would do differently next year?

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  mlsims 
#1 ·
I have managed auto centers for the last 20 years and whenever we have a big event, sale etc...afterward, I always sit down with my employees and we discuss if there is anything we should have done different to increase sales, provide a better customer experience etc... So I ask, if you were heading up the Big Show, is there anything you would do different next year?
Answers will probably differ from those of us who watched on stream and those who made it to the show.
Myself, I liked the live coverage of years ago. I would be interested to hear from folks who were there too.

#5 ·
i agree more coverage , make it easier to access the video feeds , its hard to believe that they cant cover it with more web cams that are live in this day and age , we can get live feeds on the web from all over the world but have to wait a week for TV coverage and very little at that. and being in the middle of winter where most of the country can't fish i think viewership would be very high. the only other thing is that why not run it during the summer so more fans can visit the event and boost that local economy

#6 ·
fisher175 said:
i agree more coverage , make it easier to access the video feeds , its hard to believe that they cant cover it with more web cams that are live in this day and age , we can get live feeds on the web from all over the world but have to wait a week for TV coverage and very little at that. and being in the middle of winter where most of the country can't fish i think viewership would be very high. the only other thing is that why not run it during the summer so more fans can visit the event and boost that local economy
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :tbh: :tbh: :tbh: :tbh:

#8 ·
Do like NASCAR does and put a live cam in each boat and then put the live feeds (all 50 of them - 1 for each angler) on the internet so fans can pull up whichever cam they want whenever they want.

#9 ·
Jared said:
Do like NASCAR does and put a live cam in each boat and then put the live feeds (all 50 of them - 1 for each angler) on the internet so fans can pull up whichever cam they want whenever they want.
Yup! This is exactly what the Classic needs. If they are out of coverage, so be it, go to the next. It's a 21' boat and has plenty of room to shoot a guy on the bow. Let's get into the modern age, please.

#10 ·
Jared said:
:cheers: This is what I'm talking about....great idea! And this wasn't meant as a Classic bash. I enjoyed any coverage we had. Just some level, intelligent heads coming up with constructive ideas...

For those that went: Anything that could have gone better inside?

#11 ·
Jared said:
They already have Marshalls riding with them...So having this be a mandatory job function of being a Marshall seems like it could work...They could be responsible for the technical aspect of the feeds...

#12 ·
I think it would be cool to be able to hear the pros while they fish the tournaments. Only have it audio as with a live cam people would know where they are and this could hurt their chances.

Now a live Q & A session would be cool. This could be done like Bass does with live on the water shows they do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.