Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
I am a witness to the phenomenol success of Sluggo's, having landed many bass in the past on this lure.

Actually both Jared and I together (when he lived up north) would catch a large percentage of our bass on this lure exclusively. Easy to fish this lure, and you can fish it a few different ways, in addition to "twitchin" it.

Lots of knok-offs though, so make sure they are Lunker City Lures brand as I believe these produce the best results.

· Premium Member
16,863 Posts
Bassman, I get the most of my soft plastics from ' Brent' ( Alluring ) also.

BUT he doesnt carry alot of different items that I use as well. ( horny toad , speedworm , ribbon tail worms .. just to mention a few )

But I do get the senkos , craws ( both sizes ), brush hogs and trick worms from Brent.

I got his news letter the other day and I see he is coming out with the ' hula grub ' and I believe ' flukes '

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I am looking forward to getting some of the 4" jerks that he got sent by mistake. LOL I hope that he will carry them. :p

· Registered
619 Posts
ZOOMZOOMZOOM. Although it's an old topic,had2add. The real reson I'm reopening it is I have to ask. I use alot of flukes, and senkos also make good jerkbaits. So what is the advantage of the sluggo on these two? Honestly, I've never thrown one. Fill me in. :-\

· Registered
416 Posts
I miss the ole Mann's Jelly Worm in Ice Blue. I caught more bass on those 6" worms than I can count. Harris Break Lake in Perryville, Arkansas was full of bass that would just rip those worms up. But for now, I'm zooooommm, all the way.

· Registered
2,371 Posts
HellaBass said:
I would go with Lake Fork Tackle, mainly for the Ring Fry's & Tube Craws

Rich
www.RichLindgren.com
I figured I would be the only one with Lake Fork Tackle. The crawtube is my go to bait for all situations especially spawn.

· Premium Member
2,887 Posts
I'd have to settle for http://www.riverbottomlures.com/riverbottomlures/default.cfm

They are made with lard mixed in, and are bouyant. The Getsem is my all time favorite. On a spot stalker or football head it hangs with tail up like it's busy burrowing the bottom, and wiggles without help.

Letting out a secret here. :'(  I've NEVER met anyone familiar with those.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well if only 1 manufacturer could be used then I would say Zoom also.

Has anyone ever used the 4" centipede weightless before? If not, give it a try. I have caught allot of fish on that set-up. It works good in the spawn, around lilly pads and basically up shallow. it is a great finesse tactic. I also use them t-rigged. In fact, the fish in my avatar was caught using a t-rigged centipede. :D

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.