Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as you all know that winter is coming. And well. I just read about the first ice fishing trip from a buddy. He went out searching for some safe ice. And he found it. At around 11,000 feet elevation. He said the ice was maybe 2 inches around the shore and thinner as he went out. Lots of cracks and super thin ice everywhere. But he found a spot about 5 feet off shore. And fished 1 to 2 feet of water. He had caught 3 nice brookies in about 30 minutes. And then heard a loud " ice groan" and his right foot fell through the ice. So he called it a day after that. So the ice fishing is just getting started now. Now that is crazy. But we love our ice here.

On another note. We have had 2 ski resorts been open for a week now. For all you that like to ski..

·
Registered
468 Posts
I gave up ice many years ago, when riding an ice boat and spent way to long in the water and hospital. A real near-death expierience. No ice for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.