Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a master list of all the techniques, so that I can extend that information into which rods that I will need to get.  Seems like each time I do this, I end up leaving some technique off that I use.  LOL  So, I am going to post the list that I have so far, and if you all don't mind, help me out where my brain is going blank.   :)

The ones with a (C) designate a casting rod, and the ones with a (S) designate a spinning rod.  The ones without any marker are, by default, a casting rod.

Flipping/Pitching
Spinnerbaits
Jerkbait (C)
Jerkbait (S)
Shallow Crank
Medium Crank
Deep Crank
Carolina Rigs
Senko (C)
Senko (S)
Drop-shot (S)
Jigheaded Worm (S)
Buzzbaits
Topwaters (C)

What else can you all think of?  I know that there is something that I am totally missing here, and I just can't seem to think of it. 

Thanks for the help in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fish4FunInFl said:
Finesse with a ' mojo ' sinker  ( mini carolina rig lol )
More than likely, I could use that when I don't have a Senko tied onto the Senko rod, or I don't have a drop-shot tied onto the drop-shot rod. Although I would love to have a single rod for EVERY technique, the rods that I have listed up there are going to cost the better part of $1200. LOL

Crazy bait monkey called his cousin, the rod monkey, and he's sitting on my bed right now, thumbing through the CastAway Rods catalog, and making marks. LOL ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The flipping and pitching rod. I might have to get two of them, one for jigs and the other for t-rigged soft plastics.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Re: I need some help---If you REALLY want to do it Right!

Flipping/Pitching---need two rod, one medium heavy and one hvy
Spinnerbaits--same here one medium and one med hvy
Jerkbait (C)
Jerkbait (S)
Shallow Crank
Medium Crank
Deep Crank
Carolina Rigs--again two one for open water and one for grass.
Senko (C)
Senko (S) (not necessary, imho, since the Senko throws so well)
Drop-shot (S) What don't more people use that around here?
Jigheaded Worm (S)
Buzzbaits (use your topwater rods, save space)
Topwaters (C) need two---one to walk the dog (stiff med) one one for surface jerk baits

Where are you TX rigged worm rods...need two...one med hvy another hvy. Also, you need a spinning TUBE rod. med hvy

Now for the unabashed plug. American Rodsmith has EVERY one of those rods and more. They don't seem to be too popular here but they are super rods. I am working to get a great selection in the neck of the woods. If you don't know the evolution: AllStar begat Castaway which began Rodsmith and the Kistler(founder of AllStar) started Kistler rods! All around Houston, TX. AllStars are now made in China and the blanks are just not the same.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's why I went with CastAway. The only thing that I agree with what you put on there Coach is that I need 2 flipping sticks. However, both will be 7'6" H action rods.

If American Rodsmith is so good, why did Swindle leave for Quantum, or is that another case like another angler I know, where he left and the company he finally signed with was the only option that would take him?

·
Registered
318 Posts
If American Rodsmith is so good, why did Swindle leave for Quantum, or is that another case like another angler I know, where he left and the company he finally signed with was the only option that would take him?
Bad form there, my friend. You don't want to go there. I did not trash any other company, you should not either...it burns bridges. Just some advice.

People change companies for a variety of reason...don't believe for a second the top guys are with, in many cases, what they believe top be the best company, MONEY talks. As for Quantum, his package included more thanjust rods, something Rodsmith cannot do.

There ARE subtle differences between rods. I am not going to get into that here. I could tell you tales that would curls you hair about some companies, including Castaway. You went with Castway for what reason? You had numerous choices. I suppose?

I went with Rodsmith because, no bull here, I believe in the product. I have been with them for 8 years and as long as they will have me I am there. I have seen the plant numerous times and know all the folks there. I know what they are about when it comes to making rods, customer care and pro staff care. Can you say the same with Castaway?

The last think you ever want to do to sell product is to trash the other guy no matter what it is, boats, motors, rods etc. Do that at a show anad you will have real problems, wihc competitors and customers. This is a very small, compact industry. The first rule is try to never piss anyone off at any company. YOu never know when they might become your boss.! :eek:Stay positive, don't throw stones, they tend to get thrown back. I kept my mouth shut when you were all excited about Castaway rods, more power to you. But tell me you are as excited about them in 5 years.

That is all I will say on the products mentioned here. I had no intention of turning this sour but I won't let someone throw rocks at my sponsor without me being the shield.

cbs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did I trash them? I did not say a negative thing about them. I simply inquired about the reasons that Swindle had left them. I did not say that they did not produce quality products, I did not say that they had bad people working for them, and I did not say anything negative about or toward the company.

The reason that I went with CastAway was due to the fact that out of all the rods that I tested out, they had the best rod for the price.

I think that you misread what I wrote. I did not say that he left ARS, which was the only company that would take him, for Quantum. I said that he left ARS, and couldn't find another company to take him, and Quantum was the only one that would take him.

I did not mean to offend you, nor did I intentionally mean to disrespect anyone at ARS. I apologize if I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts