Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some where there is a voodoo casting, needle pushin', parapsychologist, spell castin' person who doesn't like me very much--go figure. It's 2:30pm on Friday and having taken some comp time from work, I have my batteries chargin' and I am goin fishin' at 3:45 with my wife. She is planning to meet me at the ramp on Lake Dardanelle. The phone rings and Debbie(my wife) asks "What ya doin'" so I tell her. Then comes the reply on her end "I think you need to meet me at the hospital". I'm thinkin' she means Fayetteville where our daughter is expecting our second grandson :dance01:. Not what she meant--she(Debbie) had fallen at work and broken her right wrist and was on her way to the emergency room!!! :sad2: :sad2: Soooo, I meet her there and sure enough, both bones in her right wrist had been broken. It took an hour of surgery, three pins, and a tempory cast, but I got her home about 7:30pm. Thank goodness for great pain meds!!!! Ohhh, its gets better. At 10:30pm that night, Jennifer goes into labor and at 5:30am Saturday, Will, all 8 pounds, 3 ounces, joins the family!! :thumbup01: :dance01: :dance01: Anyway, Saturday and Sunday, Debbie doesn't feel like traveling(did I mention the also badly sprained left wrist and the bruse on her,errrr, posterior?) So, I took today off, took Deb to see everyone in Fayetteville, met Will and played with Zachary(the two year old) all the while, making sure that Deb behaved and didn't further injure herself. How was your weekend :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well, I didn't spend all weekend at the hospital, anyway. :tongue2: I busted a$$ all day sat around the house, spent all day sun catching about 15-20 dinks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least you were out there Sunday, dinks or not! My day in the sun is comming soon!! I know with all the bad luck lately(excluding the new grandson) I am due for a really great day :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01:

·
Banned
539 Posts
Congrats on the arrival.

I believe that voodoo casting, needle pushin', parapsychologist, spell castin' person has my number as well. Not a week has gone by latley where a cold front or hurricane like winds, or unusally cold weather has mage the fishing less that desirable, bit then I guess I have got to go and really apprecviate that.

Hang in there and save all those good trips to take with your grandkids.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
I can't top that today. Last week my daughter brought both babies over for us to baby sit, both sick with pink eye and bronchitis. Daughter was exhausted. "Oh, Dad, adults don't get that from babies." WRONG! Both of us, as of Friday, are coughing our heads and stomachs off and out, sore throat like we've eaten broken glass all week, ear ache, itchy eyes. Wife says you go to the doctor first. I bet he'll say sinus. WRONG! She's got to go in too. Z-Pac antibiotic and some REAL nice cough syrup, hydrocodone. We're both in La La Land sippin syrup. I shouldn't be posting tonight. No tellin what might slip out. ;) RELIEF at last. BUT, no fishing next week.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
To Debbie

My wife did the same thing a few years ago. They gave her exercises to do, like rolling some steel chime balls in the hand, lifting a book with fingers, etc. She didn't keep it up. Because of not devoting enough to therapy she now has a very weak wrist, so bad it hurts to play the piano.

YOUR ORDERS

Follow the doctor's advice to the letter for as long as it takes.

Jim

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Sure hope your wife makes a 100% recovery. Also congrats on the new grand-baby.

Jim, sorry for yours and your wife's conditions also.

·
Registered
410 Posts
dang, sounds the the voodoo spell is on a bunch of us!! but then again, Otter, you have a beautiful new grandson and your wife is ok :dance01:

we'll all make it, cuz WE ARE BASSHOLES! :cheers: and we're here for each other in times like these :thumbup01:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Congrats on your grandson OTTER! Eight lbs... :cheers: but ouch...
I'm sorry about your wife falling, I hope she gets well fast.
Hey Jim, I hope you all get to feeling better soon. I thought you were going to tell us you had pink-eye...

G

·
Congrats on the new born. Sorry for the wife's broken wrist.

You sickies, get some rest and eat Kiwi fruit. Believe it or not but it has 3 times as much vitamin C as an Orange does. Get better ya'll!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang Jim, hope you get to feeling better! Must be something in the air. Deb says she will definately do as she is told as far as the therapy is concerned(I'll have to see it first) but your story encouraged her to toe the mark!! Hope everyone has a great week!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts