Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went fishing on Dardanelle yesterday. My brother-in law and I got there at 8am and the lake was covered up. They had a tourney going on-not unusual this time of year. We went up into the strip pit area and in the channel that leads to the shallow pit, I caught two that weighed about a pound and a half and then a solid two and a half pounder. Not bad for the first 40 minutes out. They all came on a shad fluke fished around exposed brush and visable laydowns in about 4 1/2 feet of water. I used a 1/16oz weighted wide gap hook with the fluke. We then moved around to the deep side of the pits and I picked up a 3 pounder on the outside edge of a grass bed still using the fluke. Then--it all stopped. I had 4 fish within the first hour and then it went cold for about two hours. We worked our way through the pits and in utter frustration I picked up a 7" purple lizard and began flipping the cover around the pit sides. Boom! I got a 4 3/4 pounder. I weighed it because it looked like it should have pushed 5 1/2 to 6 pounds. It was a female, her tail appeared recently torn up and I guessed she may have been a late spawner and that is why she hit the lizard with such gusto!! The water temp was between 63 and 66 degrees depending on the area we were in. It was a fun trip and from what I heard from some of the guys fishing the tourney, the bites were tough so I felt pretty good with the five I got. :dance01:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
glad to hear your lines were tight,Did you get any pictures for us fools that are working this weekend?
good job and great report thanks for sharing
rich

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No pics!! The camera was in my wife's car as she had been e-mailing pics from her office of the new grandson. I flat forgot to get it. One of these days, I am gonna buy one of my own so I can have a camera with me at all times. :dance01: :dance01: :wack:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts