Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife took a test today and I am going to be a DAD! I am pretty excited about it. She assures me that it wont interfere with my fishing. LOL

·
Registered
696 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will now have a future fishing buddy!!! :cheers: Kids are great I have 3 of my own!!!! they are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone. She is already thinking names, we have to buy a bigger house, I am going to be fat, ect........................................................ Does it ever stop with a woman?

T

·
0 Posts
microtek60 said:
thanks everyone. She is already thinking names, we have to buy a bigger house, I am going to be fat, ect........................................................ Does it ever stop with a woman?

Oh Dan. It will never stop when it comes to women. LOL No offense Mary.

She says it won't interfer with your fishing but just wait. It won't be your wife stopping you but it will be your child. You are going to want to spend every waking moment with your new bundle of joy.

I use to fish 250, if not more, days before my child and now I may fish 50 to 80 days a year. But now that my daughter is getting older WE fish a lot together. That is one of the many great things that you can look forward to.

I would change NOTHING if I had to do it all over again.

Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations!
There is nothing as rewarding, or challenging as being a Dad. I have a little girl who is 7 now and I don't like her going to Grandmas for the night if I'm home. I want to spend every second with her. I take her fishing, to the mall, to lunch, everywhere. I chaperone feid trips go to Ice cream socials, book fairs, parent teacher conference.
If you told me 10 years ago I would be this crazy about anything but fishing I would have told you that you were nuts.
I don't want to make this thread about me. Just wanted to let you know your life has just changed...for the better.
Again Cogratulations! Being a Dad is the BEST! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,633 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I think I need to create a cigar smiley before the baby gets here so we have them on that wonderful day ;)

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's great news!!! :boing: By the way, there is a forum board called The Baby Board that has all kinds of links to free products, information, and general stuff. My wife found it when we were waiting for our first grandchild and she gets on it every night. There are links to anything baby related and much more. I will get the info for you and post it. If your wife is like our daughter and my wife, she will enjoy the resources. And you better believe your life is gonna change----For the better!! :thumbup01:

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Congrats, you are losing a lifetime of fishing for a few years, but you are gaining a precious gift!
Your wife is not being quite accurrate but she is a typical woman.
Rodney

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
congrats dan, i never did figure out how to strap a car seat into the bass boat,but they are geting older now and want to go everytime.and it will interfere with your fishing but you won't even notice they are such a special gift.
later
rich

T

·
0 Posts
highrider26 said:
i never did figure out how to strap a car seat into the bass boat
rich
Got you covered........Duct tape!!!!! LOL :lmao: :rofl1:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Congrats Dan! the only better than a child is a grandchild! Precious times in our lives! :dance01:

and congrats to you to dkinder on that new fishing partner on the way :cheers:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you to all for the kind words. I cant wait till we tell my parents. I will have the little guy out on the water as soon as he is old enough or if its is a she I still will have her out there as well.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Welcome to the club. As I read above, it is not lost fishing time but gained family time. :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :thumbup01: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations !!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts