Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently been given an old Humminbird CH Thirty. This is an old chart recorder made around 1984 or so. I remember back in the day these units were awesome. The one I have is missing transducer, power cable, and could stand a re-fill on the paper. Does anyone know of anyone/company that may have parts for this old unit? Thanks ! Fish Herman

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
That's going to be hard to come by. However, if you ever want to sell the unit let me know....

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently I'm using it as decor in my tackle shop, but given its overall condition, I believe with the proper cables it will operate. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to let it go. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Fish Herman said:
I have just recently been given an old Humminbird CH Thirty. This is an old chart recorder made around 1984 or so. I remember back in the day these units were awesome. The one I have is missing transducer, power cable, and could stand a re-fill on the paper. Does anyone know of anyone/company that may have parts for this old unit? Thanks ! Fish Herman
Wow Ken thats just too cool for words :thumbup01: :thumbup01: I'd think someone here should be able to help ya out with that!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking the same. I had a friend that had one of these units back in 84', and the unit has a dial to select the depth of water, 0-30, 60, 120, 240 . Here in Delaware all the ponds are shallow, but even with the recorder set at 30 it gave a better picture ( on paper ) then most sonars today. Down side the unit is huge !

·
Registered
2 Posts
CH 30 II chart recorder

I have a source for the stylus belts/new rare earth magnets,but you MUST have your old Humminbird Stylus holder and Humminbird stylus.It has taken months to find,but well worth the efort.I have brought back to life,3 units,all work as new.
Wayne Wheeler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.