Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
JEVPhoenixBass said:
You Ladies are ALWAYS welcome down here in Missouri! I'll share a boat or ride in yours anytime. (for selfish reasons I might say.... I'm always looking to learn....)
:clap: :clap: :thumbup01:

Okay I dont know where Missouri is but I will look it up and the next time I'm in the USA I will pay you a visit ..... ;)

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Debbie said:
The best one yet was when Rob said “I’ll fight you like hell if you think of putting me into that live well”…..hehehehehe
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

·
Registered
923 Posts
This is why :tbh: is the best. Yes, ladies I have no doubt you can all out fish me, however I will alway think positive even when I get skunked. Dan nice pic, if your wore that fishing you would really catch some good looking fish. :notworthy: :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I think the cartoon is cute, but....if you really think about it, this cartoon could be reversed as well! I have fished with some guys who rear back and dad gum nearly get me with their crank baits! But, I do not agree with the negative comments that are steered towards us ladies about fishing. I have had some comments thrown at me at times, which I have posted on here in the past. But it seems like it doesn't matter which sport it is, if women are making their mark, there are going to be certain people who just don't like the fact that we are there, and there is nothing we can do about that, except smile back at them and tell them to have a good day!! My dad always told me, don't let your mouth do the work for you, "show" what you are capable of doing.

At the end of the day, it's not the stupid remarks that keep me going, it's the desire and passion that I have for fishing that does that!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I fished with a woman partner for two years. We won a few, lost a lot but so does everybody else. I remember our first tournament in March on the Potomac river, she caught a 15 inch bass. She said, "it's just barely legal I'd be ashamed to bring it in and they would laugh at me". I put it and two others she caught in the livewell. At weigh in we were the only team with 5 fish, and we won. She learned a lot that day.
She hooked herself on two separate occasions, once in the hand, once in the forehead. Both times she had me remove the hooks, and kept on fishing.
She was a fisherman, although she was a woman.

·
Registered
308 Posts
LdyHawke said:
This (unfortunately) is typical of some of the attitudes I personally have encountered since I began serious/tournament angling last year - and finishing last year placing in the top 10 on 2 circuits didn't help matters.. there was actually one comment on facebook (quite recently) stating (regarding our club) "I appreciate all she's doing but lynda needs to learn her place".

That still sits badly with me - so I have to keep reminding myself - there's still a lot of old fashioned mentalities out there - and they're short-sightedness is merely my gain!!!
It sounds like you do "know your place"........TOP TEN
:flag2:

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
LdyHawke said:
This (unfortunately) is typical of some of the attitudes I personally have encountered since I began serious/tournament angling last year - and finishing last year placing in the top 10 on 2 circuits didn't help matters.. there was actually one comment on facebook (quite recently) stating (regarding our club) "I appreciate all she's doing but lynda needs to learn her place".

That still sits badly with me - so I have to keep reminding myself - there's still a lot of old fashioned mentalities out there - and they're short-sightedness is merely my gain!!!
Sorry Lynda but you don't know your place, as a :tbh: it should be :champion:. You go girl!! And please be easy on me if we ever meet.
Some of the nicest folks on the water are women and the club I fish with has several women who fish with their husband and one youg lady that fishes with her dad. The father/daughter team won the classic, the daughter had 4 of the 5 fish weighed in.
Rodney

·
Registered
428 Posts
Now gents! are you all trying to lull me into a false sense of security so that should we ever meet I'd go easy on you? :rofl1: :cool1:

... but (shhhhhhh .. don't let anyone know I said this...) thanks for all the words of support ;) :cheers:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Robin McFarlane said:
I think the cartoon is cute, but....if you really think about it, this cartoon could be reversed as well! I have fished with some guys who rear back and dad gum nearly get me with their crank baits! But, I do not agree with the negative comments that are steered towards us ladies about fishing. I have had some comments thrown at me at times, which I have posted on here in the past. But it seems like it doesn't matter which sport it is, if women are making their mark, there are going to be certain people who just don't like the fact that we are there, and there is nothing we can do about that, except smile back at them and tell them to have a good day!! My dad always told me, don't let your mouth do the work for you, "show" what you are capable of doing.

At the end of the day, it's not the stupid remarks that keep me going, it's the desire and passion that I have for fishing that does that!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I DIDNT HAVE THIS PROBLEM I HAD JUST THE OPPISITE MY HUSBAND WENT TO CAST A RATLTRAP AND SLAP ME IN THE FACE WITH IT AND IT LANDED IN THE CORNER OF MY NOSE BUT DIDNT STICK WAS JUST HANGING THERE BUT HIS EYES WERE AS BIG AS SILVER DOLLARS WHEN HE TURNED AROUND AND LOOKED AT ME :redratltrap:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.