Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this, of all places, on a lady's Facebook profile today. The first thing I thought was "Oh man!! This would REALLY tick off many of the ladies I know!"

I decided to share it here because I wanted to hear what everyone else thought.

I guarantee half the ladies I know can DEFINITELY outfish and outcast the guy that created this comic.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
I think it is inexcusable...I would never insinuate such a thing...(Hope the ladies all read this, so they know it wasn't me).....ROFLMAO :rofl1: :lmao: :rofl1:

How's that for covering my butt??... ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
This (unfortunately) is typical of some of the attitudes I personally have encountered since I began serious/tournament angling last year - and finishing last year placing in the top 10 on 2 circuits didn't help matters.. there was actually one comment on facebook (quite recently) stating (regarding our club) "I appreciate all she's doing but lynda needs to learn her place".

That still sits badly with me - so I have to keep reminding myself - there's still a lot of old fashioned mentalities out there - and they're short-sightedness is merely my gain!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
duke said:
i know a few ladies that would like to do that to a few males i know.i don't know if the bait would be any good.but still funny. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Humm.. ya never know - considering most of the larger bass *are* female.. it may actually be an incitement to *bite*

:rofl1: :lmao: :thumbup01: :cool1:

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
LdyHawke said:
duke said:
i know a few ladies that would like to do that to a few males i know.i don't know if the bait would be any good.but still funny. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Humm.. ya never know - considering most of the larger bass *are* female.. it may actually be an incitement to *bite*

:rofl1: :lmao: :thumbup01: :cool1:
ROFLMAO....GREAT comeback Lynda!!... :rofl1: :tongue2: :rofl1: :tongue2:

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
I know my wife wouldn't stand for that comment about "Knowing your place." She would push the guy into the lake for sure! :lmao:

As far as the pic goes it does however describe my mom. She has almost hooked me several times and actually hooked her old boyfriends ear. Yup barb and all right through his ear.... :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I guess that Mo was on top of his game with this one. Thanks for the good laugh I needed that one. My wife riped a good one on me when she saw this.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I was "hooked" by my wife, but in the best way!

·
Registered
929 Posts
My initial reaction was to want to slap someone upside the head but then looked at it from another angle, perhaps that is a woman just getting even with a small minded guy who made the comment "learn her place" about Lynda.

Now a true story, one of our newbies was invited out by one of our best angler for a day at a local dam. On this third cast, he hooked his skipper in the forhead and to make matters worst he tought he had a fish on and struck ............. yip I would have throw him over board but Rob just said during the day was:

· “ Should have taken a picture”
· “I must be delirious as I see no fish here”
· “I really would have been p!ssed-off if we had to get off the water”
· “You may have to drive later if a headache develops”
· The best one yet was when Rob said “I’ll fight you like hell if you think of putting me into that live well”…..hehehehehe

Attachments

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
"The best one yet was when Rob said “I’ll fight you like hell if you think of putting me into that live well”…..hehehehehe"

Now that was clever! :clap: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
LdyHawke said:
This (unfortunately) is typical of some of the attitudes I personally have encountered since I began serious/tournament angling last year - and finishing last year placing in the top 10 on 2 circuits didn't help matters.. there was actually one comment on facebook (quite recently) stating (regarding our club) "I appreciate all she's doing but lynda needs to learn her place".

That still sits badly with me - so I have to keep reminding myself - there's still a lot of old fashioned mentalities out there - and they're short-sightedness is merely my gain!!!
Come on now LdyHawke.... you REALLY DO KNOW YOUR PLACE!!! On the TROLLING MOTOR WITH THAT TURD IN THE BACK OF YOUR BOAT!!! Show em how Lady!!! That's the best way to shut up the knuckle dragger's, at the weight in!

You go Girl!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
JEVPhoenixBass said:
LdyHawke said:

Come on now LdyHawke.... you REALLY DO KNOW YOUR PLACE!!! On the TROLLING MOTOR WITH THAT TURD IN THE BACK OF YOUR BOAT!!! Show em how Lady!!! That's the best way to shut up the knuckle dragger's, at the weight in!

You go Girl!!!
You guys ROCK!! Your awesome!! Its actually gotten worse - I've now heard from a few people that the skuttle going around is - I have no business behind the table at registration (keep in mind - my first night at a suskie tournament last year - I was handed the books and told - this is how to do it and have been doing it every tournament since) - because of this, several feel I should actually have the official role of "secretary" since I'm doing all the work anyway - that has raised another stink ... "we don't want any *WOMEN* on the board".. so not only am *I* a thorn - but its women in general. I've been ready to just throw my hands up and say - the hell with it all.. but thanks you all here.. you right! I need to fight this one out.. I may not know all the tricks of the trade yet.. I can can boat em' just about as good as all those guys - sometimes, even better!

Thanks everyone for the support.. as I said.. YOU ALL ROCK!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I may not know all the tricks of the trade yet.. I can can boat em' just about as good as all those guys - sometimes, even better!

[/quote]

That is the way to keep their mouths shut :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
You Ladies are ALWAYS welcome down here in Missouri! I'll share a boat or ride in yours anytime. (for selfish reasons I might say.... I'm always looking to learn....)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.