Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals: Just wondering how many Stratos 21SS Exteme boats were out there, I have a 2000 model, Replaced the 225 Rude with a Merc, Pro/XS 250, Best move I have made. I have also totally reworked the boat, New Carpet will be in by the end of this month. Once I got used to the quirks of the SS hull, I really love the boat, with the new 26pitch Fury she will hit 82.4 at 5960rpm, on a cool morning with just me in the boat and a full tank. With a partner and both livewells full she will top out at 78.6. Comes out of the hole great.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I love mine. If I could change anything, I would like to come up with a better idea for passenger rods. I am not getting that kind of speed with mine, still have the 2000 Johnson 225 on it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well, I don't have the 21'er, but I do have the 18-1/2" A better boat I don't think I could have found. 150 Merc XR6 and that baby will fly. It's the boat in my Siggy. I agree that the passengers rod area could be better. But I take the butt end and put them on the front deck, lay them across the area beside the seat and them strap them down. So far, I've had o problems with this method and the rods have ridden fine. Good luck with the carpeting job!

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Well I don't have that one, but I'm a proud owner of a Stratos 176XT. I just love it. I can go just about anyplace. I've been in the shallows foot or less sometimes. The places that I fish here in Ct it's perfect. I've been on the Ct River and Candlewood lake without any problems. The 50hp Yamaha runs great and it's cheap on fuel for me.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with everyone about the passenger rod storage, it could be better. My wife doesnt like sitting that close to a bunch of trebble hooks. I got the new carpet in and had them buff out the top cap while they had the carpet out. It makes the boat look almost brand new, now I just need to get my seats back from getting them recovered and I will be all set.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine has a tendency to lay over on the left side when coming out of the hole untill you get the trim up but you quickly learn to compensate for it, and it is not an issue once you learn to make it sit up straight. It will also want to lay over to the left when coming down off plane, once you speed drops slow enough, this too is easily countered. Other than that, I love the ride. She will come out of the hole quick, is really manuverable at the slowest planeing speeds, you can throw her into a hard turn, running 70+ and she will not slide a bit, actually she can turn sharper than my nerves will let me stay in it, and handles rough water as good or better than any boat I have ever owned.

Got the seats in and were back fishing again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks they were in really bad shape. I had them recovered by a man in Demopolis, he did really good work, it turned out better than I hoped it would.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
I just purchased a 2000 21ss extreme,I may be alittle under powered with the 04 johnson 150 h.p, raker prop, but it was what the budget aloud, good thing is i can upgrade the motor when the time is right!

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great looking boat you have there, I love the color scheme. I think you will be well pleased with it. If you ever need any parts for it, you can find most anything you want at.

http://www.candomarineparts.com/index.html

They seem to have everything you could want for a 21SS. They are extremely easy to work with also. I used them a bunch when i was redoing my boat.

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Nice looking boat mlsims and a great looking job on the seats, looks like you'll be a happy camper with it.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks retired, I love the boat. I wouldnt trade it for a brand new one. Well maybe!!!! :rofl1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 99 21 SS Extreme with a 99 225 Evinrude. Love the boat but wishing for a new Merc or Yamaha to put on it. The best rough water boat i have ever been in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mlsims, would you post a couple of close-ups of the dash, I'm looking for parts and need something to reference to.
thanks,
newguy

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will try and get some this evening and post them up tomorrow for you.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Sorry to but in guyz but i have some pics of mine if they help!

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
waynec said:
Sorry to but in guyz but i have some pics of mine if they help!

Cool, probably better than mine since mine has been modified from the original.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts