Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article in FLW last month and they mentioned tying an eight foot fluorocarbon leader onto the braid. I tried tying a bloodknot to hold it but it just pulls apart with a little pressure, am I doing something wrong? Anybody got any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
Check out "type of knots for braided line" Terminal Tackle Forum.
I use the Uni-knot to tie leaders to super braid.
Tom

·
Registered
641 Posts
I use the bloodknot for my line splices and haven't had any issues, however I use it for respooling to my mono backer not necessarily for a leader. I guess make sure you are doing it right with at least 5 wraps each in the same direction and no over laps so it cinches up nice and smooth. Follow up with the info Tom gave you.

G

·
Well, I use two cinch knot's and has never ever failed me. Here is what I do:

With the braid I create a loop then wrap the tag end around the main line 2 or 3 times. This will actually create 2 loops one that your thumb is holding while you wrap the line around the main line and the one below that is bigger. Normally this is the one that the bait is held by. Run the tag end through the smaller loop next to your thumb and then pull it tight. This cinches down the knot making the loop smaller and smaller until well it will disappear. Make the loop small and leave it.

Now do the same with the flouro leader. But run the line through the loop you created with the braid first. Then make the same knot and cinch that down all the way but not totally tight yet. You have to cinch each knot down in turns so they allow the other to cinch down. Otherwise it gets to tight and one knot can't cinch down. Make sure to moisten the Flouro knot.

When you have cinched them both down hold the braid and the Flouro in either hand and pull apart hard to make the line nice and tight. This will further cinch it down. Now clip off the tag ends as close to the knot as you can. What I do next is put a dab of super glue on the knot and when that is dry you will have a small knot that will not fail you.

This is how I attach two lines together whether braid or mono or flouro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts