Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic I've marked with some info & lures that should help folks that are interested in collecting Heddon Torpedos.

At some point they stopped using props stamped with Heddon on them...but I have not been able to nail down a time frame :sad2:

Attachments

· Registered
13,752 Posts
Great stuff!!

While up on vacation last week, Wormslinger and I went to a "tackle rummage sale". You would have been in heaven with all the old stuff he was selling.
He had a bunch of empty boxes of old lures even...I don't know enough about old lures to know what was worth anything however, so we just picked up 8 or 10 lures that we thought we could use, not collect.

· Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IF I had known about it Mo...I might have raided my meager savings account and taken a drive :baitmonkey: :wack: as there ARE things I'm still looking for ;)

A VERY good friend of mine in PA told me that he had been to a flea auction recently....and a guy had hundreds of baits out for sale. Once he described some of them to me...I cried :sad2: :wack: as they were / are worth some nickels for sure ;)

MG....I was recently offered $60 for that one...sale is pending at the moment :dance01:

· Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

· Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly the kind of thing that happens when a couple of folks with DEEP pockets decide they want something at ANY cost Mo :dunno: :baitmonkey: :baitmonkey: :baitmonkey:

The color and box dates it to the early 1980's.

You can BET that anyone that see's this will be DIGGING around to see if THEY have one to sell ;)

· Registered
4,001 Posts
"Honey, I just dropped a G on this sweet little lure that is only 30 years old. What? No, it's not an antique, they just don't make it anymore. Hummmm? Why of course I am not going to fish it. I am going to display it on the mantle. Of course it will go with the decor. What in the world are you talking about? This lure will accent any decoration. NOOO, don't take it out of the box!!! That would ruin its value. How much did it originally cost? Oh, about a buck-59. What do you mean you have to reload the Glock?"

It's a sad day when you have to raid the 401K to buy a lure on ebay. :lmao: :lmao:

But those are some sweet-looking little lures.

· Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The wild part of this is that you never really know when a certain color is being sought...or even IF it is being sought after.

A good example is the one in that Ebay auction. I NEVER would have guessed that it would have gone for anywhere's NEAR that much. The color and box dated to the early 1980's.

That said, the red & white one I had up at the top with the early Intro box and props only got me $85.

Look for colors you've never seen before...gold around the eye pupils...and early style props is my best suggestion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.