Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had several folks ask me over the years what my thoughts were concerning the single page inserts found in MANY Heddon lure boxes from the 1940's - 1950's. Some are color...and some are basic black & white.

I BELIEVE that I have an answer for you folks.

The picture attached is of 2 inserts for Heddon Go-Deeper River Runts.

Notice that BOTH of the lures have the "2 step" lip that came out in 1949.

I am ASSUMING that the change between the color ones vs the black & white ones occured (sp) around 1950.

This would coincide with the change of small box catalogs that are found in so MANY of the later 2 piece cardboard Heddon lure boxes.

To the best of my knowledge..this has NOT been published in any authored books or CD's concerning Heddon items.

Attachments

· Premium Member
11,712 Posts
How the heck do you know all this stuff Dave???? :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for sharing, you such a wealth of knowledge on all this kind of stuff!!! :thumbup01: :clap: :clap: :clap:

· Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mlsims said:
How the heck do you know all this stuff Dave???? :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for sharing, you such a wealth of knowledge on all this kind of stuff!!! :thumbup01: :clap: :clap: :clap:
To be honest...a LOT that I have learned was from books by various authors...and help from folks on websites like Tom Jacomet...and his website

http://www.lurelore.com/

At the same time...I've been a sleuth over the last few years when it comes to either finding info on the 'Net...or having the "mind-set" to think about things / situations...and try to "piece things together".

This is an EXCELLENT example of that.

As a teenager in highschool...I always read about archeology...and was amazed at the discoveries that were constantly found.

I guess that I have applied that "train of investigative thought" while working with my collectible lures & items.

Thank you for the VERY kind words :champion:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.