Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wack: :dldevil:

I have a new 788CI HD at the console and it just started giving me fits. After fishing a tournament I wanted to save my new waypoints to a card. Earlier this spring it worked fine doing this. Now when I go to waypoints, routes and trails the unit shuts down and restarts. I was able to upload the latest software to the unit and still the same results. Is there a way to do a hard restart or something, or should I just wait till Tuesday or Wednesday to call Humminbird Support?

Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Talked with HB customer support today and found out I probably have some corrupt waypoints on my unit that causes it to restart. Hopefully when I get home tomorrow I can clear the files and be back in business. Customer service sent me an e-mail with the fix. Good job Humminbird!

:banana :banana :banana

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Its great to hear HB customer service is on top of their game. Hope the fix works for you and gets you back in business. :thumbup01: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Let me know if you imported a waypoint from another unit or from online or if you used a waypoint conversion program. Thanks!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the unit interlinked with another 788c (last year's model)at the front. I have also imported from Navionics on my PC. Since I talked with Humminbird's Customer service I did the fix and it seems to be working again. Now I have an issue with my depth reading 1.2ft while I am at running. I noticed that there is a new software update that is supposed to fix that. I will see tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.