Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Having a reel problem

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  imonembad 
G
#1 ·
I just got a Quantum Energy PT last weekend and tried it out for a few minutes today. It sounded really rough and made a whinning noise when I went to cast it. Even though it is new, do I still need to oil it?

I have 17lb. Trilene Big Game on it. Do you think thats too heavy of a line on it?

#2 ·
hmm that real should not need oiling for a long time considering its brand new. My best advice is to take it back and get it exchanged for another. Something is obviously wrong with that one.

G
#3 ·
Great news, the reel is okay. Bad news, I'm stupid. :withstupid: LOL Operator error!!!

Just for giggles I will tell you what I did. Somehow a "person" (I won't mention any names, ME) got a hold of my reel and ran the line beside the eye of the reel instead of through the eye of the reel. The line was okay going through the eyes of the rod it was just the reel eye part that was overlooked!! LOL

G
#7 ·
hi steel basser said:
Hope that reel works good for you now that you figgerd it out. ;D

It works great now. I just had to correct what went wrong. I could launch a 1/16 oz bait on 30lb test line a mile!!! LOL It is a great reel. I can't believe that I finally own one. I guess I'm just partial to Quantum.

G
#11 ·
imonembad said:
TBP, Zebco makes a 202 they are pretty easy to master. You might start there and move your way up. >:D

Ouch!!!

That hit me between the mail box and the post office!!! LOL

By the way, how is your typing finger?? LOL
Oh wait, don't slip and fall out of your chair from laughing!!!!!! >:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.