Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set up a fishing trip of a life time. No its not Rick or Jimmy or Hank its my 72 year old uncle who taught me how to fish and to appreiciate the outdoors. I haven't fished with him in nearly 22 years and I couldn't tell you why. I can remember as a kid asking him if he had time to take me fishing and I never once recall him saying no. He had a terrible accident with a skill saw and lost all of his fingers on his right hand. I guess that is what slowed down our trips, that and I went to the Marine Corps and got all busy with my life. I have set up a date on monday and I can hardly sleep with anticipation of putting him on a fat sack and giving back what he always had time to give to me. Drew

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
That is awesome!!! My grandfather was the one who got me hooked. He passed away 6 yrs ago which was really hard considering 80% of my adolescence was spent with him and G-ma. We went fishing one month before he died. He had brain cancer, and lost most of his vision and depth perception but he was able to still fish. I will never forget that day as long as I live. Enjoy your trip with your uncle because memories are great, but that's all they are. Have a great day.
-Joe

·
Registered
801 Posts
That is great. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your day...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the big day has come and gone fishing was so so but man what a great day. Its the first time i've been fishing where I really didn't care that the fish weren't biting that great. We just had a great time talking and anylizing what was going on with the fish. I helped him with his fish and tied on baits all the stuff he did for me as a kid. The old fart is still as sharp as a tack and quick to lecture on the proper way to fish a lay down. When the day was done we just stood around the boat neither of us wanting to go home. We swore we would go again soon and I intend to keep my end of the deal. I wanted so bad to just put the smack down on the fish today but it really didn't matter it was the best trip I've had all season.
Drew

·
Registered
801 Posts
Your story makes my heart big.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I going back after them on sunday with my uncle again. I'm new to the photo thing and am working on taking better pictures. Thing is once I start fishing I really don't want to stop to take pictures but I'll work through it. The fish haven't been acting like I want them to this fall it has been a weird one to say the least. It got cold real fast and now it has kinda of stalled off and gotten more normall. The fish are in a different patteren than I am used to,I gotta work harder at figuring them out.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we whacked them today way over a hundred fish caught and released between 4 of us I forgot the camera,I wonder if that was the problem, maybe I have a new superstition.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Im tellin ya man.. have camera... fishing bad... no camera.. fishing AWESOME lol

Glad to hear yall killed em! Way to go! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts