Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:DHi everyone. Put a gouge/deep scratch in my ranger 188vs. :sad2: It is in the white fiberglass. The defect is about 1/4 in wide, shallow at the ends but deep in the middle.
What does it take to patch/repair it.

Thanks, Terry " ribbitt "

·
Registered
798 Posts
Where is it on the hull? You might just need some MarineTex and paint. A pic of the damage would help. If it's on the bottom and deep enough (goes all the way through) taking it to a professional might be the best option because if the crack is bad enough it will only get BIGGER with every trip out even after an attempt to "repair" it. I learned this the hard way and have a totaled boat in the yard waiting to be picked up by a salvage company.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:DThe gouge/scratch is in the gelcoat on the top left rear "quarter panel". Can see a little(small) bit of the black fiberglass matte at the deepest part. It is approx 10 inches long. Very shallow on the ends,about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of black matte showing. Can i use white marine ex poxy,then sand and touch up with ranger white paint i have?

Terry :flag2: :bassmaster: :flw:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.