Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, congratulations on the new wrapped rig. That "TOON" looks mighty fine wrapped.

Wanted to tell a short story about Jim.

I had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife Kimberly up at the Classic back in February. We all walked around together at various times throughout the trip and got to know one another pretty well. Jim is a very personable person and won't hesitate to talk to anyone who will listen!

Anyways, getting on with the story. We were all walking through the walk through level of the Sheraton when Jim spots these 2 little girls wearing Diane Clark TX-Fisher Girl shirts bearing... you guessed it, Stay-N-Charge logos. If I remember correctly, Diane gave these young girls a couple shirts to wear, and later saw them and their parents sitting in the front row of the WBT Classic weigh-in on the final day. Less I digress once more... anyways, Jim must have spent half an hour hamming it up with these 2 young ladies and thier parents. Made them feel on top of the world, and I can safely bet that it was an experience these 2 young ladies will never forget. I'll never forget that moment.

Hope this wasn't too personal, but I wanted people to know the type of person Jim Payne is, and why it's more than a pleasure to deal with him from my vantage point. Good things happen to good people, and Jim Payne is "good people".

Now somewhere I have a picture laying around here..... ah, here it is!!!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Joe thanks for the great words and most people already know i talk way to dang much but those two little girls were way to much for me to pass up. They are the future of this sport and what Diane did was a great thing. She was actually given a bait from these girls and Diane says that it helped her win that toruney. That is why she gave them the shirts. And lets get back to anyone that will listen????? Thanks again Joe your a great guy as well I will say to anyone that will listen to that. :tbh_flag:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great pic. and story Joe. You are definitely right about Big Jim. He is very personable, and a great person to talk to, with a wealth of knowledge on charging systems. The Classic was the place I got to meet Jim and Kim, and they are definitely my kind of people. Way to go Big Jim with the young ladies. We got to keep these young people involved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts