Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my rod and reel back from bottom of the lake i bumped it overboard 7 mouths ago. looks fair and still reels smooth. i want to store it till i clean and tune reels in dec. any ideas on how. i have allready washed it good.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
There are 2 things that cause corrosion, water and oxygen. You have to have both for parts to corrode badly. While it was under water, your reel was not exposed to oxygen so the corosion process was kind of in limbo, just waiting for the oxygen to fire it up. Now that it's out of the water, the parts are corroding. You should take it completly apart and clean and dry everything right now, but until you have a chance to do that, you should store it in a bucket of clean water.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i let it soak in clean watr over night. went to town and got cleaning supplies. was almost out. clean and lubed this evening going out tomorrow and will try it out. seems to work fine . wil clean and lube again when i do the rest of them. they are all over do anyway. i have learned alot from you pro reel. thanks for all the advise and tips.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Can you retrieve mine also? lol. I lost a Chronarch reel and carrot stick in 35' of water the other day. :cry01:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tried it out and works fine casts as good as ever. got better on cranking as i used it little noisy will clean again soon the guy i was with when i bumpped it over was impressed it still worked.looks a little rough but i used it alot before giving it a long bath

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to dredge it back up and its working fine. :thumbup01: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
That's cool Duke. Glad you were able to retrive it, and in working order too. Awesome. :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01:

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Congrats on getting your rod and reel back. I have a buddy that dumped a brand new Daiwa Steez rod and reel overboard this summer. I don't think he was able to use it once. :wack:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts