Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got to go back out on the lake yesterday for about 5 hours after work!Checked around the marina to get a basic water temp,figured i might as wel make a few casts while in there and a nice 2.5# largemouth ate my little crankbait.the water was 58 in the marina.the main source of water for this lake is a large creek that is very shallow and very warm when it dumps into the lake.the bass was right where he should have been in the fork of a tree,just don't think as many people throw cranks in there  :tongue2: . lots of people on the lake most of them flipping and pitchin tight to the banks. Moved down lake after no more takers off other likely spots,water temp dropped to 55.i was being my normal bank beater cause i wanted to see some fish and the dinks were everywhere.got tired of taking the weeds off the crank bait and silver / blue rattle trap.So i went to old faithfull. watermelon red ultravibe speed craw.caught 3 or 4 more dinks right up by the bank(creek channel runs tight to this bank) made a long cast over a weed point, was reeling it back in got it on top and BOOOOOM another 2 #er.I probably went threw 3 bags of speed craws last night reeling very fast with 3/16th weight keeping it on top almost like a baby horney toad. (this works in florida too) sshhh  i never would have guessed the speed craw on top with water that cold,but it worked. had lots of fun got to see 3 muskies,and our newest resident of clearfork lake here in rainy ohio a pair of bald eagles. that was an amazing sight to end the day seeing them soar so high above the giant nest in the bare trees.
:tbh_flag:
rich

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
WTG !!!

I use to throw speedworms all the time. ( sheesh, funny how we go in spells of throwing one thing all the time, to not throwing it anymore for a long time ) :dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ultravibe speed craw usually use the watermelon red it doesn't look like much red but when it hits the water the red explodes!
rich

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts