Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I have a company to add as well:

Daiwa. I lost a small part to my SS1600 reel and Daiwa sent me the piece for free.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I have broken both of my pinnacle spx limited edition rods. I broke the last good one i had last week. They seemed to work well while I had them but I dont intend on buying Pinnacle again. I only bought them before because I got them for 15 dollars each which was a far cry from their 100 dollar price tag.
However I am now short 2 rods... a carolina rig rod (7'+ MH baitcasting) and a soft jerkbait rod (6'6"+ ML or M spinning) I have a couple original all stars (before the company was sold) and i love them but I cant get those again so I have pretty much decided that I am going to go with St Croix. They make a VERY nice rod for the 100 dollar price range. My buddy Tim, who is tighe on here, has a mess of St Croix's and has been using them for decades and they all are very nice rods: strong, dependable and sensitive!

Castaway is a pretty new company from what I know of John. I think St Croix is by far your best bet.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I had 2 of the Pinnacle SPX3 Limited Editions which I believe were their high end. One of them was a 6'6" ML fast action spinning which I used for soft plastic jerkbaits. I loved that rod! I do still have a couple pinnacle reels. They are very smooth and cast so beautifully!

Wow heres one of the reels you mentioned mike.. and even funnier is its seller is right in my town lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Pinnacle-Ma...itemZ7187382795QQcategoryZ36146QQcmdZViewItem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.