Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to get started making my own jigs. What does a beginner need to get started? Molds, paint, hooks, weed guards, etc? You guys make some awesome looking jigs. Thanks for the info. Bubba :thumbup01:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
What you need:

Mold
Melting pot
Lead
Hooks
Weedguard
Paint
Skirt material

If you get going, maybe deep pockets. :neener:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bubba said:
I have been wanting to get started making my own jigs. What does a beginner need to get started? Molds, paint, hooks, weed guards, etc? You guys make some awesome looking jigs. Thanks for the info. Bubba :thumbup01:
Bubba,
If you need some tutorials on how to start up pouring and painting and what to buy, PM me with your e-mail and I cen send you some info.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Most important is, when you make some. Post them up here so we can see them. We love seeing the great baits our members make. :thumbup01: :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Bubba, pick the jig you want to start with, the color of skirts, & the style of hook. I go thru Jann's, use the hook the mold calls for. All you really need to get started is a pouring ladle, heat source, I used a 1 burner propane stove, and some lead. You can buy powder paint or use regular paint. There is another website, Tackle Underground, which deals with lure making, it will be a big help. There are several guys here who are on that site and will be more than glad to help you out. You will find that Cadman does some beautiful work with powder paint, take his advice, it is very good.
Rodney

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Rodney he can probably get most if not all of what he needs right here from Cadman and I. We both have made thousands of jigs and have quite a bit of knowledge to share. BTW: Over there we would both be offering assistance anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info. I'll check into places that you've told me about and see what I can come up with. Thanks again guys. It seems to me that there are alot of people on this site that like to help the novice out. :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Jig, I know, I was trying to give Bubba another source of info. TU is about lure making and there is a tremendous amount of info, some useless, most useful. You Cadman & David have given a great deal of help on both sites and it is very welcome.
Rodney

1 - 10 of 10 Posts