Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a popular topic on other forums I go to ....

what is the current price of Gas in your area ?

I live in North East PA and here its $3.099 a Gallon for regular ....
what is it where you live ?????

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
$3.16 in Hot Springs, AR. I heard from a convenience store manager friend it will drop about 15 cents after the holiday then go back up for July 4 and probably hit $4 for regular. He's sick of the game too.

Jim

G

·
We are at $3.13 for regular in Palm Bay, FL.

My question is, how much are we all willing to pay for gas? How many people are going to be selling their high powered bass boats and going down to smaller boats with smaller engines? I know I might be doing that. I just simply can't afford to pay $4 per gallon of gas. Thankfully I work from home so I hardly use my Truck except when pulling my boat or running errands.

Things need to change soon or this economy is going down because of it. Don't mean to sound all negative but $4 a gallon is staring us all down and will be here soon.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
The best price in my area is about 2.98,... lotta places at more than 3 though. I heard that things will level out and start to drop now. God I hope so. I finally have a bass boat and I can barely afford to take it out once a week. :cussin:

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
When my last Ranger boat was drinking $1.60 a gallon gas I agreed with my wife the cost was getting ridiculous. I guess I started worrying too soon. Anyway, that plus the cost of a new power head drove me to trade it in on present Bass Tracker. I miss the speed and that "swimmer's dock" feeling in choppy water, but I happen to know a lot of folks that fish a lot less nowadays because they just can't spend $150 filling the tank up whenever they feel like it. I put $22 in and fish all day, getting up to 3 trips on a tank. A friend recently won a Triton in a tournament. He can't afford gas for it, and now faces taxes on it, so will have to sell it. He GAVE his old boat away and is trying to get it back somehow.

Jim

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here in Cincinnati the prices are already at 3.49 a gallon at the cheapest station i passed today.......and that is regular 87 octane, Killing the bank account, im glad i only have an 8 mile round trip to work.....I need to find a small 4 cylinder 5 speed car to drive cause it kills me to put 100 dollars in my truck every week. :cussin:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Its 3.49 in galion OHIO, yes it sucks BUT i am in construction i can not ride a bike to work with all my tools,and sometimes driving an hour to get there.That cost is added to the price of the project,It is even a tax deduction for me as i work for myself.I am probably the only one in america (that doesn't have stock in oil) thats not complaining !
MILK is almost 3.00 a gallon, it comes from a cow, we have buttloads of cows all over america.3.50 for a gallon of gas to go to work and make a living.or to go out on my boat and have an enjoyable day.just doesn't seem like the price is that bad.i think the price of gas is where it should be. Now milk is getting outta hand come on you just drink it and pee, 3.00 a gallon.
mooooooo
rich

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Cheapest Ive seen is at Disney ( you heard right, Disney ) $2.95

In Clermont ( 5 miles away from my house ) $3.01

My town is $3.14

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Hmmm. 1 Euro = $1.34 today, and there's about 3.8 liters per US gallon.....Andy is paying about $5 per gallon. :sad2:

Most of the difference in his price and ours is tax.

Jim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Down here in South East Texas the price runs around $3.01. When you get close to a lake it jumps to around $3.50 or so. :cussin:.

·
Registered
62 Posts
As of today, the Murphy's USA at the Wal-Mart has gas at $2.96/gallon. It wasn't open this morning when I left to go fishing, so I paid $3.05/gallon. I put $20 in, as I was about 1/8 of a tank from empty, and got 1/2 tank out of it.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Andy, were using Euros or pounds? I used a converter for Euros to dollars. Jim

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Pounds, Sterling Not Euros for Sir Andrew ( I went ahead and Knighted Andy since the Queen hasnt YET lol )

1 - 20 of 33 Posts