Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow anglers. My 6 year old son and I have a show (Future of Fishing) as Cody being the host and me (his Dad) as the co-host. The main idea is to get kids interested and involved in our sport. Also to show Parents and adults just how beneficial the outdoors can be to a kid growing up. Cody is extremely talented and loves to fish. We do tournaments together, raise money for the Chad Scanlon Foundation and take other kids fishing with us on our show. I am heavily involved with the Paralyzed Veterans of America and do a lot with our military as I am retired from the Army. We do a lot more for our community and give back as much as we can, as God has blessed us. Tons more going on but would love for you guys to check out our web site and view some of our videos. Let us know what you think as we would like to take this to the national audience. www.keithandcody.com take a look around and let us know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
I like it a lot. It shows family together fishing and learning and having fun...I don't like to refer to fishing as a sport. I don't think it is...I think it is more a heritage. A sport cheapens it...makes me think of someone dancing in the endzone after scoring a touchdown, and now their team is only down 42-7

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Keith (and Cody), welcome to the BassHoles. Wow, what a first great post. I love the fish Cody is holding in the picture too. He must be one heck of a fisherman already!! You have a nice site and it is a joy to see more young'uns involved by parents at a formative age.

Cody for President!

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Welcome to the :tbh: Keith and Cody, I can see Cody is working on his elite status already. Great site, I think what you two are doing its the greatest thing. It wonderfull to get kid involved in fishing at such a young age. I know I try and do my part. Once again its gret to have you with us, Congrats on the great site. :thumbup01: :clap: :thumbup01:

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Welcome to the BassHoles. I enjoyed your site. It's outstanding when the kids are involved in it. They always seam to get alot out of it. Also thanks for remembering our vets. I'll be looking foward to seeing more from Kieth and Cody.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, we hail from Oklahoma but I have roots in Pennsylvania and California. It looks like our show is going to be on Untamed Sports TV which will reach some but not all of you. Around 22 million in coverage. I like the post "Cody for President" although that job would probably take away from his time outdoors. We have fun and our main goal is to teach and give back as much as we can. As we expand we hope to get the funds to start fishing in some of your areas as well. To a local kid with us to film a show on your home waters. When that happens we will be soliciting you guys for help for places to fish and to find a well deserving child and parent to be on our show with us. We would like to recognize personal achievements, those who help the community and our sport, (sorry for calling it a sport but when Cody lands a big one I dance like he just scored a TD) and anyone who may be dealing with an illness. All of this takes the help of sponsors, so if anyone has any ideas we are always looking for help. Thanks guys for the positive feed back. If anyone is ever in our neck of the woods give me a shout and I will give you any advice I can to help. Keith Hays

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.