Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Funny Fishing Tale

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  imonembad 
#1 ·
I was thinking today about a funny thing that happened in a tournament that I help put on a few years ago. I have done several of these tournaments and I had a partner who would go all out trying to make it the best we could with door prizes and BBQ for the fisherman. Its a lot of work but everyone seemed to appreciate the finished product and we had fun doing it. We had a guy who entered the tournament who was all concerned about the fact that he was a guide on the lake and if that was permitted. We had no rule in place preventing guides from fishing and we assured him that the majority off our fishermen were competitive on the pro tour and that it was no big deal. He was still concerned over it not wanting to wrinkle any ones feathers so he insisted that he would donate a guided day long fishing trip to be given away at the weigh in. I don't know how many or if any of you have put on a tourny before but it gets hectic the closer you get to the date. The phone will ring off of the hook usually with a question that is covered in the rules. This guide called me every day telling me that he was really on them and how much did I think the pay back would be and some more money in the bank type statements. Well the big day finally was upon us and everything went off with out a hitch during the take off except in grand Missouri fashion a big ass thunderstorm blew through and the weather was hecktic for a while. Everyone finally made it back to the weigh in and we started the show and I mean these guys really whacked them. It was a crappie tournament and we were having 10 fish that was weighing 16lbs. It took 12 to make a check. My guide on the lake didn't weigh a limit and fell completely off of the leader board. He was eating a big piece of humble pie but he did wait around to make arrangements with who ever won his donated prize. After the weigh in was over and everyone was eating we started to draw names for the prizes we had acquired. Not a very scientific approach but a fair one. Everyone was gonna win something. We were finally down to the last prize the guided trip. I reached in the box and who do I pull out? The guys who won the tournament! We all like to died laughing! I'm pretty sure the guide never took that trip out. Drew

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.