Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walleye fishing on an episode of Action Angling when I hooked into the biggest freshwater drum (Sheephead) that I've caught to date. What a fight! Totally under-rated fish IMO.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
nice looking fish Rich!

Hope you dont mind but I am going to put some of these pictures you posted in the Photo Gallery on the front page :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
they are fun unless you are in a tournament and you make your partner drop his rod with a keeper on and get the net cause you knew you had a monster bass (it happened to me) also my first drum

·
Registered
99 Posts
A buddy of mine and I were fishing a tournament on Lake of the Arbuckles in Southern Oklahoma. I had caught an eight pounder for our first fish of the day. Both of us were pretty pumped. About ten minutes after I put that bass in the livewell, he yells out "get the net!!!". It looked like he had a monster on. We both figured he had a big bass on because he was fishing a C-rig. I grabbed the net and got ready when the fish came into view. It was a five pound drum. The reason it fought so hard was because he had foul hooked it in the belly. How he managed that I have no idea. As it turned out it was the last fish of the day too.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Yep those babys can really put up a good fight, I can usually tell when I hook one by the way they fight, they like to make really long fast runs. But sometimes you will think you have the kicker your looking for till you see them and your bubble burst. :D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts