Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

Freezing my butt off

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  imonembad 
#1 ·
Well, we made it safely to Mass, where I was greeted with low 30s temps :eek:

Not sure how often I will be able to get on here, but I will try to jump on every day or so for a few minutes.

#4 ·
I'd love to be able to say "Better you than me" Rodney BUT this past week the temps dropped out the bottom here in SC. Low 30s at night.
And as per Murphys Law, I am back at work today until Tuesday and its going to be in the 70s. Then Tuesday its going to drop back down again. Dangit! lol It always seems that when I am at work, the weather is beautiful and once I get off, someone turns the heat off lol

I hope you have a great time up there Rodney!

#6 ·
Fish in COMFORT. I use a pair of Polartec underwear under a set of rain gear with hood (Cabelas packable nylon parka and rain pants), and a face mask I used deer hunting, a pair of ski goggles, plus some shooting gloves with the fingertips cut back, and a mit that flips over the fingers when needed. I stay limber, warm and dry. My only concern is the ramps freezing over.

Jim

#8 ·
:D Well, I do wear an inflatable vest when fishing, my insulated hunting boots float, and the rain suit holds air when in the water, balooning out pretty well. I learned that when I was stepping off the tailgate onto the boat as it slipped away. I just kept walking across the deck until I went into 7' of water head first. Bloated up like Barney. At least I had the transom plug in. ;D I can testify 70 degree water isn't good for swimming. It cost me a nice fishing day and a re-arming kit for the vest. THEY WORK!

Jim

#10 ·
Tomorrow ( Wednesday ) we will be leaving to go back home. I think our flight is at 11:30am.

After a few days here the weather turned out half way desent for me. It warmed up to a long sleeve shirt during the day , then a jacket on at night.

I been telling them all up here I hope the mother of all snow blizzards hits on Thursday lol rofl

I have been doing my ' Dorothy ' imitation ( from the Wizard of Oz ) by clicking my heels together and saying ' theres no place like home ' :)

#11 ·
I always wear my PFD in the winter time because the cold water will zap you fast. I to am a good swimmer but when you have all those clothes on you have to work twice as hard to tread water and alot of people can't make it. I'm not willing to find out if I can or can't. I always wear my kill switch too a boat that is unmaned and still running will veer to the right and eventually run you over. All proven facts not worth the risk in my opinon.
Drew

#13 ·
Welcome back! It's like you never left. :) And to imonembad, I'm not trying to make light of it, but all I have is a trolling motor, so the boat ain't exactly gonna run me down. But I do need to pull a pfd out of the storage and put it where I can at least grab it if something starts to go wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.