Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only fish with mono and I like it it's cheap and cast smooth.I've heard that the high end flurocarban is very sensitive and supple. should I spend the money on the flurocarban or keep fishing mono plus I mainly night fish for bass

·
Registered
103 Posts
all line has a best use and a place. mono for example is what you want for topwater as it floats, floro sinks. i use mono for jerkbaits in the sping but use floro in the winter as you have to let it sit longer on the pause between twitching. i use 17-25lb floro on jig rod or t-rig as it has very little stretch and is very sensitive. i have 2 spinning spare spools set up with 20-30 lb braid and a floro leader for the winter as the bite is light and have to fish fairly deep. i throw tightline flys, hair jigs and blade silver buddy type baits on this setup. like anything else, you get what you pay for. you are better off in my opinion of spending more and getting a better grade of floro. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I use Fireline with a Vanish leader, a couple of reels have only Vanish. For deep cranks I use BPS XPS Flouro it works very well. There are a number of threads here about line, on the home page do a search for lines, you'll find more info than you can shake a stick at. Just remember, many of the lines have been improved over the years and under go changes every year which is good for us.
Rodney

1 - 5 of 5 Posts