Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently used up line on my baitcaster it was 14lb flouro and I used it for flipping jigs on docks and i know that was probably not the best thing to do but oh well so anyways I need some new stuff i've got the brand and type I just don't what pound test to get. I am looking into sunline super flouro bc the sniper is just way to expensive, but i'm in between 16 & 20 lb test bc i want to flip docks and cover with this line but i also want to be able to go out deep and throw football jigs so should I go with 20 or the 16?????? :dunno:

G

·
I'd go with 20lb Seaguar AbrazX Fluorocarbon, its what I use.

This is the fluroocarbon brand I have finally settled on but I'm going to try McCoy next time.

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
You don't need FC line to fish docks! FC doesn't cast as good as a premium mono. A good compromise is P-Line Fluoro Clear, less expense cast better and better knot strength.
I wouldn't think you need anything stronger than 15 lb, good for both presentations.
Tom
PS; if you choose FC line, retire often!

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
The only floro I use is the Seguar Abrazx 20#. You cant go wrong with this line for pitching, or deep football head jigs. :thumbup01:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts