Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Power loading means useing the big motor to put your boat back on your trailor. ( have your boat just on the trailor and punching the gas to get it all the way on it ) You have to winch it back on

We dont like the $7 fee either, but its a ' private ' ramp, so you got to pay if ya wanna launch from there.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I dont agree with people charging to launch a boat, however it happens alot around Okeechobee. See, the boat ramps that you can launch from are both private property and recently became 5 bucks to launch, park, and load. But dont worry if you did manage to launch your boat from another ramp but cant load your boat for whatever reason the 5 dollar ramp will only charge you 3 bucks to load your boat. Next time I go i'll take a picture of the sign. Dave

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
A good easy money maker around the lakes in florida would be to buy up around 10 acres and put in a boat storage.
for the price everybody is gettin to store a boat down there you could make a fortune.
hae it all layed out for the parking and put a single outlet at each boat for keeping batteries charged on at least half the lot!

From what i have seen down there i would much rather pay a couple bucks to use a ramp then use some of the free ones we found.some of them you couldn't turn around if there was someone out fishing with first to get there they tend to park right where you would need to turn around.
When a fellow fisherman told us to go out to alligator alley to catch some nice bass he gave us directions and told us to make sure we never park at the roadside ramps.when you do and you get back you will not have a window! or a radio :rofl1:
I am still in love with the canals in miami/dade counties.Great ramps (free) lots of good fishing. AND peacock bass
the one ramp i used the most was right across from the police station, and there was usually a police officer patrolling the anals around that area.
I tried to park next to him whenever i went down :thumbup01:

I will be in sunny florida around 11 or 12 saturday night and hope to get to meet some of my fellow bassholes!!!!!
later
rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Let us know and we will hook up.

Oh BTW, I think my issue with my boat was just a low main battery? :dunno: :lmao: I hope it is that easy becsause I tried to crank it in the yard while hooked up to water and nada. So I put a battery charger on it and it cranked right up and stayed running without my finger on the key haha. Wouldn't that be cool if that was all it was.

Dave, he said he will be in the Palm Coast area. He will be working in I think Altamonte Springs?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Yup staying in palm coast working in altamonte springs.had a very nice drive,14 hours 10 minutes. went in to work today and had sweat in places that it shouldn't have been!!!!
The best gas price for the whole trip was 2.79 in virginia!
I got to see A family of wild pigs along I 95, a small deer,and 2 dead armadillows.
Rich

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Thanks rodney,
now if we can figure out a good time to get all the floridians together for a day of fishing that would be great!!!
Of coarse in within the next 7 weeks ! thats when this job should be done!
later
rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Rich:

Pm when you want to come down and fish with me. I am available pretty much every weekend. Fishing was pretty darn good at the Stick Marsh this weekend.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.