Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, we talked about this a while back but perhaps let it slip through our fingers. I would seriously like to get together with you all. So I am going to set up a date at Garcia reservoir and see who among us would be willing to meet me there for some fun fishing.

So does April 28th (Sat) sound good? I am not dead set on this date just a suggestion. I am flexible. The time to meet would be 6:30am at the boat ramp. Safelight is good enough to see at 6:50am

Post here if you are interested. We will set something up. There are facilities there to have a picnic if that is of interest? I can check on what the precedure is to rent that space or even if it is available. Last 2 weekends I saw some people there both times.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Wished I could , but I probably will be in Gainsville ( UF ) ....( daughters B-Day the 27th )

Yall have fun and post pictures.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fellesmere is the closest town. But I got a place you all can crash at.

Rodney, if we can get more turn out another weekend then I am game for that. I meant this to be a get together of all of us not just 1 or 2. So does anyone else have a better time to meet? If not, TCB we will meet that day.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Dangit!! I'm taking Kylie to see her parents that weekend for the following week. We definately have to find a way to set it far enough in advance. Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, we can have another one after this. I am going to commit to the 28th as mentioned. If anyone cares to come please post here. If this is a bad date for most then we cqan schedule another one somewhere else too. I am happy to go try other lakes. I just know this lake will get your rod bent a time or two. It is as fool proof a lake as I have fished in many years.

TCB, you still in? Anyone else?

·
Banned
539 Posts
I there, hope others can make it as well.

Like ya said Florida is a big place and I am up for any area. I will even try and take some vacation and fish mid week if it wil help get us all together.

·
Registered
410 Posts
sounds great! but that's my grandson's 2 year birthday party and not to mention ya'll are a ways away from me, but, that won't stop me if there is another day you do this, I will do my best to be there! Have fun and catch lots of fish :dance01:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love to go to Florida. Haven't been there in years.......I was a youngster going on vacation..... almost 20 years ago. Man time flies.

Anyway, just used all of my vacation time on the Lake Fork trip. Maybe next time. Great offer by the way.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Is this for Bassholes only?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mary dean said:
Is this for Bassholes only?
Mary, I would say yes. If a member brings a guest then that is fine by me. But I would like this to be for bassholes and their invited guest. You got someone in mind?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, this time I guess it will just be me and TCB. Hopefully we can pull off a Florida get together sometime soon where more of you Floridians will be able to make it.

Wish us luck as we hit Garcia first thing tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Well, my daughter had made other plans, so we didnt go up to Gainesville.

If I had known, I would of joined yall. O well, life goes on lol

Now I got to do some ' honey do's ' around the yard grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :wack:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh Rodney that stinks we would have loved to have met up with you.

We had a great time. Tom (AKA TCB) met me at 6:30am at the boat ramp. We fished out of his very nice Ranger boat. Tom actually let me do all the driving too. Sweet boat ya got there TCB.

Weather was perfect for topwater so we started off with topwater and immediately we started to catch fish. I was throwing a Hedden Pop n'image and Tom tried a Devil's Horse. Well Heddon put a whopping on those other topwaters including the Luckycraft Sammy. Yep that Sammy didn't even get a sniff but the ole Heddon Pop n Image caught probably 8 bass or so.

Tom caught some on a white fluke and :cough: a RED lipless crankbait. :) Just messin with ya man. I caught several on a gold then ghost colored and even one on a whit with brown back rattle trap.

I caught 2 very nice Crappie on the ghost XCalibur lipless cranks and 2 Pickerels. Tom caught 1 Pickerel which relieved Tom of his bait (Sorry man. But if you had super glued your line like I told ya earlier you would still have that bait hehe) Tom also caught a catfish on a Royal red XCalibur lipless.

All in all we had a great day weather was nice, enjoyable time on the water and we caught lots of fish. Rough estimate is 25 bass 3 Pickerels, 2 Crappie and 1 Catfish and 1 Bream.

Here are a few pics I took of Tom:

First fish of the morning for Tom

Tom caught this Bream on a Rapala lipless crankbait.

Tom with his first bass on a Royal Red XCalibur. BTW, he had a whole box of XCalibur lipless crankbaits. Hhmmm, I wonder where he heard about those? hehe. Don't worry Tom, I heard about XCalibur from my friend Brian (Ultimate12) I hope you use those on Table Rock lake for your FLW tournament.

Thanks for the fun time and I hope we get to do it again soon. OH, no real big fish today. I caught several 2-2.5lbers with 1 that was pushing 3lbs. Tom had smaller fish today but fish none the less. :D

·
Banned
539 Posts
All in all it was a great day, the weather was awesome. We both got our lines stretched and had a good day of fellowship. Even though I tried to front boat him Kieth beat me like a red headed step child.

I sure hope all us Florida folks can get together soon. (You non Fl folks are invited as well)

Garcia is an awesome fishery and would be a super place to meet but we need some time for Keith to mark some navigation routes to afloat. Navigating can be hazardous due to the shallow water and various lake structures.

Here are some pictures of KeithsCatch aka redtrap - thanks for a great day on the water

1 - 20 of 51 Posts