Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you tourney anglers do to keep in shape?
During the off season(which is winter) I hit the gym 5 days a week.
During the actual tourney season, I don't work out due to be comitted to lugging logs and shingles in my log home building business. I feel this work out is both cardail and strength.
John

G

·
In the time that I have been fishing, I have found that strength, while a great attribute, isn't nearly as important as stamina and endurance. Those two things will wilt out on you even on a fun day of fishing.

And if the weather is hot and humid, as it is down here in the South, sweating and losing all those electrolytes will take a lot more out of you.

Since I am both an angler and a hunter, during the winter, I do a lot of hiking looking for the right area for bass fishing, which helps with endurance and stamina, and I also make sure to stay hydrated on the water. A lot of folks really like Powerade due to the low amount of sodium, but I prefer Gatorade. It has 155 mg of sodium, which helps add electrolytes back into your system, and plus it doesn't taste as watered down. Balancing it out with water helps you stay energized and focused while on the water.

And catching all them there bass helps with the strength part of it. ;) I get the chance to fish a lot during the winter, so my arms are always in shape for a battle with a big ole bassy. ;D

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am not getting any younger so I try to stay in good health and this course involves strength training and cardial training. Actually I think it goes hand in hand when you get older in life.
John

G

·
Oh, I don't disagree that keeping the ole ticker in shape is important. It is, as it's the lifeline keeping the majority of the us alive. ;D ;)

The biggest mistake that I made was when I quit playing baseball and stopped lifting weights. It screwed my right shoulder up, which happens to be the arm that I pitched with, and it's my dominate hand. But, oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
I run half a mile during weekdays and on saturday i run a mile i allways drink lots of water and now that its winter i wear a thermal cause its getting down into the high teens already

1 - 6 of 6 Posts