Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its not bass fishing but still tons of fun.
Friday our boss took us out deep sea bottom fishing from Port Canaveral and here are some of the pictures. We did okay but didn't get onto the hot spot until the last stop and only had a hour there. We aslo had six king mackeral, one bonita 4 or 5 trigger fish, another 5 Lane snapper, a couple short gag grouper, about 30 sea bass, and a bunch of short red snappers all day we had to throw back. My lane snapper I caught while using a sabiki rig to catch bait at the first stop. We were using a bunch of different live baits, frozen squid and cut baits of all kinds, I don't know what half the stuff was. The two big red snappers bit on 3 pcs. of squid put on a hook at the same time. The payout was $100 for big fish of each species and there was a bigger red snapper caught but it was hooked by the captain who handed the rod off to one of the other guys, sorry doesn't count unless you hook and land it. That was same deal for the wahoo, the captain and one of the mates hooked all them and handed the rod off to someone else.

This is me with the big sea bass of the day and a Lane snapper that almost won big fish as well:

These are twin red snappers that also won me big fish on back to back casts at the last stop of the day and I missed a third one on the last cast.

Bass fished a tournament Saturday on the Butler chain, had 4 keepers for 4 1/2 lbs. total and 13th or 14th out of 21 guys. 17 lbs. + won the tournament and big fish was a 5 1/2 pounder. I caught two keepers and a big Chain Pickeral on a Lucky Craft Pointer 100 Chrome blue and the other two flippin a speed craw blackberry into kissimmee grass along with a big mudfish. The cold air and my hangover from the salt water trip didn't help my game plan at all.
Gotta go back to work.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We will be grillin and chillin Sunday and I should have some fresh shrimp to go with it, we are going shrimping Saturday night.
Did we learn any thing about the hangovers? If not don't feel bad I'm a slow learner too!
Nope didn't learn a *@!#@* thing, I'm slow too!

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
WTG Shannon on the ' money ' snappers .

I'd be happy to weigh in 4 fish at Butler and start our new season off on the right foot.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Dang, what a good weekend!!! I want to go deep sea fishing one day...
Thanks for sharing the pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts