Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something that I have used for years that I bet most people do not use that has caught me allot of fish. When fishing around, in or near lilly pad fields or sparse grass try using a Zoom Centipede WEIGHTLESS. Yep, this little bait can be used weightless just like a senko with awesome results. I rig it with a 1/0 light wire hook for best results. I am able to cast this bait fine this way.

It will sink ever so slightly and will allow you to toss it into some thick lilly pad clumps and get a fish on that other baits might be too heavy or bulky to get in there. I have also used this rig before in shallow water around sparse grass very effectively. My favorite color by far is Chartreuse pepper.

Here is a link to this bait: http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...er=7498&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

This little do nothing bait has landed me some very nice lunkers. In fact, one of my go to baits for flipping trees used to be this little green pepper centipede with a 1/4 ounce t-rigged weight. I caught a 8lber on it and my PB 9.5lber on that rig.

Give those little baits a shot.

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
I use these things A LOT! I love to split shot them and carolina rig them. I mostly use watermelon/blue and green pumpkin but man i love them.

One thing I noticed not too long ago.. and it blew my mind when i did... not all zooms are full of salt like they use to be. I bit the tip off my u tale last weekend (I always bite the tip off before I rig it) and I realized I didnt taste the salt. I looked at the bag and nowhere did it mention salt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't seen them without salt. The link I posted said salty Centipedes. I know folks use them on a C-rig but how many use them weightless or t-rigged? Some think it is to small to use that way?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is one story I just remembered. I was fishing a C.A.B.A. tournament years ago on Lake Fork with a friend. He pulled us up on this area and said we will catch fish here on worms. So he chunks out a big 10" Power worm. (I love those too) anyway I was on that Centipede kick back then so I put a Ice colored Centipede on a 3/0 hook with a 1/4 ounce weight. Friend on looking the whole time with a what the heck are you doing look on his face and I made a cast. Several moments later I felt a tick and set the hook and reeled in a fat 6lber. Second cast another thump set the hook and the fish was huge and broke my line.

We won that tournament that day and I had big bass for the day and won a nice Shimano rod as a result. Big fish will eat those little worms. Sometimes I wonder why I quit using stuff that once produced so well for me? Now that is another question for another day :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts