Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to what the fines are if you are caught freshwater fishing without a license in New Jersey? My wife asked the other day, and I had no clue. I tried looking it up on line, with out any luck. Thanx. John.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Usually the fine can be about $500 and, in some states, environmental police/game wardens have the authority to take every piece of gear that brought you to the fishing hole -- rods, reels, tackle and even your car and boat.

Do the right thing, get that license!

Jay Fat Ciy

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I personally don't know.I always have a license.I do know of some who have been popped here in Missouri and have lost their fishing gear,been fined and lost future fishing privledges.Some have lost their stuff for fishing while trespassing,also.

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Yup it's BIG BUCKS and yes they can take all your equipment to include your Car and Boat now thats a expence I could do without, a License is way cheaper :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01:

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I'm pretty sure that it's $100 plus $100 per fish if you are keeping. not only that but they WILL confiscate you equipment and you may or may not get it back at court. As I hear if from a friend, the judge who resides over these hearings is on the side of having a license and doesn't mind fining people heavily.

-Tight Lines :fishing02:
-Josh

·
Registered
53 Posts
retired-psg said:
yes they can take all your equipment to include your Car and Boat now thats a expence I could do without, a License is way cheaper :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01: :dance01:
This is why I card my buddies before I let them use my stuff. :)

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
JBTEMT said:
As I hear if from a friend, the judge who resides over these hearings is on the side of having a license and doesn't mind fining people heavily.

-Tight Lines :fishing02:
-Josh

I should have mentioned that friend i heard it from is a police officer

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Here in Ct I know that you not only recieve a fine. They can also take all your tackle and car or truck. You can even be banned for a year or more without a lic.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I just went through an expired license ordeal here in Virginia. Long story short, 600 odd dollars and a new drivers license later, I'm looking into a lifetime license. The old license was 5 days expired and they threw the book and a couple waffle irons at me. :wack: :wack: :wack:

·
Premium Member
6,888 Posts
Toad said:
I just went through an expired license ordeal here in Virginia. Long story short, 600 odd dollars and a new drivers license later, I'm looking into a lifetime license. The old license was 5 days expired and they threw the book and a couple waffle irons at me. :wack: :wack: :wack:

OUCH!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Jay Fat City said:
Usually the fine can be about $500 and, in some states, environmental police/game wardens have the authority to take every piece of gear that brought you to the fishing hole -- rods, reels, tackle and even your car and boat.

Do the right thing, get that license!

Jay Fat Ciy
I have seen them do it in Arkansas, the guys boat, truck and all his gear.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I remember a friend had a run in with a game warden one January about 10 years ago in NJ. He asked for his license and a friend said he forgot it. He told the Warden he bought it at KMart. The warden asked where he bought it and was willing to call there to check. The friend said he didnt remember. The warden sort of cut him a break and issued him a citation for " Failure to display" which cost 80 + dollars. The break was he said he could have given him the full ticket for having no license at all which I think was aroud 120+. Oh yeah, and he could have confiscated his boat and all his tackle. Do yourself a favor and buy one every January for $22.50 plus $10.50 for the trout stamp if you paln on targeting any trout waters. And make sure you display it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts