Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I got out on the Susquehanna last Saturday. We ended up with around 15 smallmouth total, and one big carp that I early released because I didn't want to drive home stinking of carp. The pattern consisted of slow presentations of small profiled soft plastics at the head and/or tail out of pools that had deep areas of NO current. They bit near or in current, but they were close to a large area of zero current. My big producer was a hand dipped 2 inch tube rigged on a 3/32nd oz worm nose jig head. My buddy Juan got most of his on a Winco's Chilly Willy, a short little paddle tail grub rigged on a 1/8 oz football head. Here's one of the three 19 inchers coming to net.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
WTG those are some nice fish except for the carp. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup01:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Good of you to provide pictures and story. I've been advising the same, when it's cold, NO current. Been having fun crankbaiting so far this year, maybe tomorrow again, I'll try to take somebody that can shoot some photos. A 19 inch smallie is damn rare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.