Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave (dave0331_69) asked me last week if we could do some fishing so I said heck ya let's go. I took most of the day off today (Monday) and met him and his Dad at the boat ramp at Garcia. I told him Garcia because we had gale force winds today up to 30mph. I wanted to take him to the Stick Marsh but no way am I going out on that lake in winds like this.

I was shocked to see how low Garcia is. I took Tom (TCB) out just 2 weeks ago if some of ya'll remember and the water had dropped a good foot since then. Yikes. Boat ramp is hardly usable and I had to stand on the bow of Dave's boat just so we could get out of the stagging area and into the canal.

Once we forced our way through that and cleaned Dave's motor of debris that was clogging his intake we were off. We barely made it through several places and in fact hit bottom several times. We got stuck in some grass as we missed our turn. The day was starting off sort of bad like no fun was going to be had by you guys. Well, that was wrong. We had loads of fun and caught the heck out of the fish today.

With winds like it was there was only 1 option. I will let you decide what we threw all day long? haha. Yes, and the color or choice today was Green Shiner by Spro. The Aruku Shad just plain wore them out.

We caught probably 30 bass today by 12:30pm and a few Pickerels thrown in for good measure. Even a gar and a Crappie joined in on the fun. Nothing of real size but I had a few that were a few Shad away from being 3lbs :) I lost a good one early one that might have been in the 4lb range?

Dave and his Dad were very nice and I had a great time fishing with them. Even though the weather and shallow lake conditions where not ideal we all enjoyed the day. We didn't get many photo's as it was honestly so windy that if we had stopped to take pics we would have been blown into some thick grass.

Here are a few however.

Here is Dave. Sorry no pictures with fish. He caught some just none of him holding any.

Here is Dave's dad with his only fish of the day. He watched us younger guys fish most of the day.

My mug holding a small bass. We where fishing a canal that was out of the wind to some extent. So don't let the calm water behind me fool you.

Fellesmere Farms was pumping water back into the canal and I hope that they can bring the lake up another foot or sadly I may not be able to fish this lake anymore till we get some significant rain.

Thanks again guys. Let's do it again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David,

Thanks and perhaps some will find the site from VA and you can share some time with them? If not, you are always welcome to come back down here and we will be happy to take you out.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Glad yall had a fun and productive day. I know there was no way I was gonna brave the winds yesterday in open water in my light boat. ( stuck with canals which was bad enough lol )

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
Im not seeing the images keith :( Is something wrong with imageshack today or there another reason why the images arent showing?

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
awww hells bells... wonder why I dont then? :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are right Jared. I could not see the pictures eithr. That is weird. So I re uploaded them to Imageshack and added the new img url's. Looks good now.

If this happens again I will start hosting the images on my guidesavvy site.

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
hmmm, yalls computers stinks :neener: . I had no problems viewing the pictures :dance01:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just to give you guys an idea of just how windy it was: we were using the trolling motor so much the prongs melted to the plastic it goes in! I'll post a picture of the prongs later this evening. Dave

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
KeithsCatch said:
Oh man that stinks Dave. I hope you get that fixed soon.
Oh it still works took her out today, gonna post a report in a little bit. Had an amazing day again though!! Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts