Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thanks... just what I wanted to do... stay up even later looking at the million little ponds that I will never get to see since they are farm ponds.... such hidden jewels of fun easy fishing. The birds eye view seems to be a bit old. My yard is brown... and my front is green and has been green since last year even in the winter time it stayed green. I'm guessing it's from early of 2007 since there were no leaves on the trees... and I don't see a kids pool or sand box. One flash earth I did the virtual earth and the grass is green and I'm even home! And the backyard was too hard to really see with the trees in bloom. And it was done on a sunday or possibly a saturday. But I'm going to say sunday since the look of the shadows the sun was in the east or early during the day and I live right next to a nice music store and the parking lot was empty. And if it was a day I had to work at the mall... well I might have been still in bed since I did not have to be in until 11:30... if it was on off day... and my vehicle still there... never I would be out fishing. It was a sunday... probably a few months back. I scrolled to the mall and only a few cars.... no coworker cars either and definitely no customers at the time. And it's early this spring. A new restaurant is being built and it opened early spring. I was checking on construction, but then I came across the building still getting built. What a fun way to see who was doing this and that. My dad and brother must have been sleeping in as well... both cars were at their house. Okay enough for now... must get to bed...

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I don't see bing maps listed.

It has aerial that's about on par with Google's but select areas have what's called the "Birds Eye" feature.

It gives extremely good clarity and you can pivot around the point of interest from several different angles. For instance I can see that the grill lid on my grill on the back deck is flipped up when the picture was taken.

http://www.bing.com/maps/

G

·
I use Goggle earth allot. the numbers are really close. I just wrote down the numbers went out to my boat and used my cursor and marked up the maps. I used this on the red river to mark and find the cuts / openings in the ****'s to get back to the good stuff that you could see on goggle earth.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I really like these sites gives me more places to research, thanks folks

SALUTE
Frank Williams

·
Registered
696 Posts
I use google earth alot, I have the Navionics software program on my desktop and they have the added feature of using google earth side by side with the lake map.

Nate

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
http://mapper.angling-technologies.com/atom/pmap.php

guys and gals, check this site out. be sure to watch the tutorial to see all it can do. It is a great free way to do some map study. I think it also works with Google Earth too bot not sure

Nate any chance you want to sell your NavPlanner and card reader :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have it and use it often and it uses google earth maps and has a link to it. It is a good program can't have too many.

salute
Frank Williams

·
Registered
94 Posts
I use Google Earth a great deal. One trick I have been using is the timeline. The bar that can back up the time of the photos. For example there is a lake in my area that was REALLY low in 2001. It just so happens that is the time they updated the aerial photos. What I do is back up the timeline to that point when the lake was low so I can see all the hidden roads, foundations, flats and channels. Then I use the drawing tools to mark all those areas. Once you have marked all your areas you can advance the timeline to current day and images. The drawing you have made will still be there but now with current imagery. Then you can print maps or whatever you want. Really helped me find some very interesting structures that I did not know about before! Hope this helps someone out there like it has me.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts