Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to bassfan ESPN is doing away withits outdoor block no more charlie moore worlds greatest fishing show or of the other shows with the exception of the bassmasters elite series and classic coverage. This is not good but you could kind of tell something was going on with them playng rugby or whatever sport that was for several saturdays I did not watch it anyway

·
Premium Member
13,631 Posts
That's terrible. I'm guessing it's all about the dollar but I can't imagine that they were losing money on those shows.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Here was a quote from BassFan.com "The news does revive rumors that ESPN is actively engaged in an effort to sell BASS. Earlier this spring, there was significant talk about a potential sale of BASS to the Outdoor Channel. No confirmed news surfaced, but highly placed industry officials firmly believed that talks between the two companies did take place."

Now here's something funny. They are cutting shows like Zona's and Charlie Moore's. To have live shows of soccer and rugby. Guess that must of ment the the WOMEN Bass wasn't live enough, go figure. I think and it's my own opinion that ESPN hurt BASS. Maybe it would be a good thing for outdoor channel to buy Bass.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Most of the big names that work for BASS (and I won't mention names of the ones I talked to) can't stand ESPN and how ESPN runs things. Go figure huh?

·
Registered
856 Posts
man that really sucks if they do cancel the shows i really like wgfs and beat charle moore

·
Registered
391 Posts
In the words of Tony Stewart from a few years back. ESPN is a bunch of freakin idiots. I think you are right they are hurting it but at a minimum they aint helping it cause they do little to promote it. Let them stick with poker and soccer

·
Registered
32 Posts
I all but stopped watching BASS because of ESPN. I can't stand ESPN period, whether its NASCAR, BASS or Football.....they kill me with the way they handle these shows. I think ESPN goofing up BASS is what let the FLW grow as well as it has, although they are having trouble themselves. The Outdoor Channel is more "tuned" to the average fisherman and what we want to see....so I say sell it and maybe it will grow bigger and better! I know I will watch it again. :thumbup01:

·
Registered
218 Posts
i to dislike espns handling of shows whether its fishing or nascar like some other posters have stated i too don't watch their shows anymore , the coverage is terrible of the elite fishing , they spent about 10 minutes on the fishing and the rest of the show on terrible commentary and to top it off no more live weigh in coverage unless you have version so i don't even bother anymore . and for nascar i ll bite my lip ,

·
Registered
93 Posts
ESPN really hasnt done much with any of its outdoor programs. Even when they were kinda promoting them they would change the day and the time and only have them on so early in the morning that you had to get up at 0500 in the morning to watch them. I think the outdoor channel would give them prime times so everyone could watch. It would also be a boost for the channel as well. :bassmaster:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.