Bass Fishing Forums - The Bassholes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of yall use ebay? I have bought several things from ebay but have just now decide to sell items. So far I have sold 4 items. :thumbup01:

It is quite addictive let me tell you.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Texas Bass Pro said:
How many of yall use ebay? I have bought several things from ebay but have just now decide to sell items. So far I have sold 4 items. :thumbup01:

It is quite addictive let me tell you.
hi my name is rich and i'm an addict,ebay and thebassholes
rich

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
Ive never sold on it, but have bought on it. ( nothing in the last 3 years though )

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You just got to be careful who you sell to and buy from.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you make any money selling TBP? I have bought some stuff recently on eBay.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
When our new grand daughter came over and began breaking stuff we had sitting around since the 1960s we decided to get rid of some stuff. We had shelves and tables lined with collectibles like a southern belle girl sitting pretty in full dress on a couch. "Belle of the Ball" ceramic. Daughter put it all on EBay, bringing in over $6,000 mostly from one buyer. Belle sold for $400. I think it came from a garage sale for a couple dollars.

My personal best buy so far was a GG Scmidtt folding boat ladder that sells retail for $550. I bid and got it for $80. It's mounted on my boat, so if I fall in have only to reach, pull it in the water, unfold it, climb out. Folded up it takes up a square foot. I got most of my Heddon River Runts off EBay. I spent about $600 for a combined collection recently valued by a dealer at $1,780. I got a new Gator mount for $25 that was only missing a pull rope. It took some doing to put one on. I've been doing business there about 4 years. Use Pay Pal so if a purchase or sale goes sour you have a strong advocate.

Jim

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KeithsCatch said:
Did you make any money selling TBP? I have bought some stuff recently on eBay.
I was very skeptical when it came to selling items on ebay. I wonder to myself how in the world will someone find my stuff and much less bid on it. How do I price my stuff?

It isn't hard at all. I have made over $250 profit in just one week selling only 5 small items. I have 2 more items that are in the process of being bought and then I have 2 more items being watched. Still several days left on these items so they will probably wait until the last minute to put in a bid.

If this is something you would like to try to do just send me your phone number and I will try to walk you through it. You will be suprised on what people will buy. Some sales don't take long and then others may take several days so the buyer tries to get the best item for the cheapest price.

Just make sure you start your bid at the price you really want for it or what you can afford to let it go for---being the lowest price you will take for that particular item. You also have the option for "Buy it now" I'm sure you have seen this if you have ever looked at other items being sold on ebay.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It may seem that $250 in a month isn't much but consider that haven't put much up for sale. A die hard seller can make severl thousands of dollars on ebay alone when you can apply the time and effort. I'm just doing it for fun right now.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried to sell a Snow Leopard drawing I did a while back and never even got 1 glimpse at it. I listed it for 7 days and even bought a picture in the search category. I guess folks don't look for artwork much. I only asked $10 for it also.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I buy and sell stuff on eBay mostly Boy Scout memorabilia. I've made a few thousand on there, but spent it on stuff for my collection. :lmao: :tongue2: :thumbup01:

David

btw... if you all have any old Boy Scout items sitting around collecting dust give me a shout!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My wife tried to sell a picture she painted. Didn't get a bid. She also found some door panels she painted for someone years ago that they put on ebay to sell. I've bought and sold a few fishing related items over the years. I guess my best buy was when I stumbled on some lucky crafts that someone misspelled. No one else seemed to know they were on there. Got them for less than half price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts